Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
If you people honestly think bootsy doesn't deserve a ban for first starting a flame war by calling another member, sexist and racist, and then throwing all sorts of insults, but shauner does for calling him a bitch, then I don't think that you are actually looking at the situation in a fair minded way.£

So damn right

PC culture creepin' on up?

I enjoy this forum but some are very sensitive here and take things a bit seriously, especially MV. I like posting "controversial" statements to test the waters, and it works.

Master Virgo wrote:
March 12th, 2018, 7:58 am
If you people honestly think bootsy doesn't deserve a ban for first starting a flame war by calling another member, sexist and racist, and then throwing all sorts of insults, but shauner does for calling him a bitch, then I don't think that you are actually looking at the situation in a fair minded way.£
I'm only getting caught up on the situation now but based on what I'm seeing, both deserve a ban.

but

Whereas I think bootsy deserves a ban for a few days to cool off and to be reminded to keep things civil, shauner -- based on what I've read up -- deserves much longer for his casual racism if that's the case. Like a week or so. Hell, if he's been keeping up with that sort of rhetoric for even longer than that (disclaimer: I wouldn't really know -- I haven't kept track of other stuff he's said), the sentence should be even longer or a perma. You need to hammer in that this forum can't really let that stuff slide off lightly.

I'm no mod, but that's my take.

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
March 11th, 2018, 10:58 pm
if the objective is making NF a better place, at some point someone was gonna have to call shauner out to let him know he can't conduct himself like that without repercussions.

he has always been a childish poster, but saying cringy racist shit like 'but i have black friends' and 'but i like black entertainers' after calling bootsy a bitch is not acceptable. it clearly struck a nerve with bootsy (as it should have with all of us) and he called him a backwards thinking piece of shit.

i haven't lived my life as a black guy so i don't think i have to right to define a "proper" way to respond to racist comments, but it seems to me his comments were warranted far more than shauner's. i don't think bootsy deserved a ban.
How does one defend themselves if they’re accused of being a racist for simply not liking a movie? That’s basically what happened here if I recall correctly, I kind of skimmed it so I apologize if I’m wrong.

you say sorry, stop antagonizing the person and back tha fuck off

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
March 13th, 2018, 2:29 am
you say sorry, stop antagonizing the person and back tha fuck off
You apologize to someone falsely accusing you of being a racist? I don’t think Shauner is a racist, I think he’s blunt, sometimes obnoxious with his opinions and insensitive but I don’t think he’s actually a racist.

the most shocking aspect of this situation is that people actually read shaunsr’s posts

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
March 13th, 2018, 3:09 am
the most shocking aspect of this situation is that people actually read shaunsr’s posts

-Vader
🤣🤣🤣

Vader182 wrote:
March 13th, 2018, 3:09 am

-Vader
Like I said, I sort of just skimmed it.