Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Ruth wrote:
akv1984 wrote:My mom always bullies me when my sister is away at work. She does this because she knows my sister won't stop her. I am crying so much right now. I just want this to stop.

Please let me get a job this month. I am so sick and tired of waiting. I want my mom to stop being so mean to me and to stop bullying me every chance she gets.

I want to save up money and move out. I just hate everything right now. I have always struggled with suicidal thoughts and right now I just really want to die. I barely have support at home, I don't have lots of friends, and I don't know a lot of people to talk to. I just hate everything.
If you need anybody to talk to about this (or anything really) or idk just be there for you, you can always PM me. I may not be able to offer the most insightful advice, but I'll hear you out.
Thank you Ruth. I appreciate it and will take you up on that offer.

Rewatching TDK right now, anyone who thinks TDKR is a better movie than this is REALLY dumb. ;)

m4st4 wrote:Joss Whedon exposed by his ex-wife:

http://www.thewrap.com/joss-whedon-femi ... cole-says/
Anyone else find it kind of weird that she is trying to frame it as if she was responsable for architecting his career success? I can get that she is jaded by this happening, I certainly would be. But I agree with Allstar, this looks like a hitjob. Why air your dirty laundry and run a smear campaign when you could resolve things privately.

This man built an amazing career for himself and gave the world great stories and characters. Now this woman with no claim to fame is trying to bring him down. Not a good look on her tbh.

Are you saying it's not true?

BlairCo wrote:Are you saying it's not true?
Most likely true. But still not a good look to air dirty laundry like this. Could have been settled privately.

It makes the author come off as a woman who is angry and jaded that her successful ex chose to get laid by younger attractive women and that she doesn't really have a claim to fame or a career of her own.

Does she need to have a claim to fame to allow her voice to be heard? The Hollywood lifestyle is such a toxic one, and I'm confident Whedon is just one example of a respected name that is actually a complete tool. She chose to go public with it because she wanted every one of his fans to rethink their idol who might be in actual fact a hypocrite, contradicting his claims as a feminist. I've always gotten this fake feminist vibe from Whedon, and this only confirms it.

Dodd wrote:This man built an amazing career for himself and gave the world great stories and characters. Now this woman with no claim to fame is trying to bring him down. Not a good look on her tbh.
Wait, I'm confused here... he can't do both, build a career, give us great stories and be a complete prick to his wife... in Hollywood? I'm positively shocked.

What Crazy said, basically. No one is untainted.

Mac Davis makes me wanna halt and catch fire if ya buy what I'm sellin ya

Got my fuckin eclipse glasses lets go!!