Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
TehBatGetsBraked wrote:ludicrously nice apartment
when can I visit

I'll bring lube

Cilogy wrote:
TehBatGetsBraked wrote:ludicrously nice apartment
when can I visit

I'll bring lube
you are invited to the braked bachelor pad

Vader182 wrote:Does anyone on the forum meditate and if so, what form?

-Vader
10- or 20-minute sitting meditation, the kind that the app Headspace uses.

Vader182 wrote:Does anyone on the forum meditate and if so, what form?

-Vader
Headspace is decent.

Tim Ferriss has some good tips on meditation, even if he tends to be a bit popscience/broscience about it. I found that meditating 10-15min in the morning helps me to slow things down and think clearer. We are all in such a big rush to "get shit done" and do more with less that we are rushing through our lives.

meditation is for pussies

What's a better place to pre-order from? I'm pre-ordering a signed copy of a book from Target but last night I noticed that Wal-Mart had the same signed copy listed for $10 cheaper total. I made an additional order from Wal-Mart (ready to cancel whichever one I need to) but I'm not sure which site is more reliable in getting me stuff. I don't mind paying $10 extra for the signed copy but if it's not any significantly more reliable than Wal-Mart, I'll take a gamble on Wal-Mart.

Any help?

I'm thinking of trying VM meditation (a less crazy version of Transcendental Meditation) to help boost energy and mental energy due to the high mental/emotional demands of my job.

Problem is classes are like $750-$1000 lol.

-Vader

I wouldn't drink a glass of milk that's been sitting out the whole damn day, but will gladly chug a cup of coffee with milk/cream I made early in the morning throughout the evening until I go to bed.

And I feel like this is epitome of what's wrong with me.

Cilogy wrote:I wouldn't drink a glass of milk that's been sitting out the whole damn day, but will gladly chug a cup of coffee with milk/cream I made early in the morning throughout the evening until I go to bed.

And I feel like this is epitome of what's wrong with me.
Tbh I only ever drink milk if it's really fresh and cold, the moment it starts to "warm" up in normal room temperature, I gag and I can't really drink it. I feel like milk is almost "scentless" in a way (for me at least) when it's very cold, but when it's warmer, I can't really handle its scent.

But I can also brew reaaally strong tea and then drink all of it hours later when it's cold and disgusting with no problem lol.

Maybe I'm ignorant but I genuinely think that paying for any form of meditation is a waste of money.