Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Wait what happened this time?

Bacon wrote:Wait what happened this time?
The usual suspects hijacked yet another thread.

A plea for reason was made and mockingly turned down.

Hello, NF. I've missed y'all. What a week this is to be a film/TV fan. Will check back in after GoT tonight.

Master Virgo wrote:
Michaelf2225 wrote:MV going full fascist dictator in the Dunkirk forum
jk

In all seriousness though, this is getting really ridiculous now. It's amazing how many pages of that thread had gone on without a single post relevant to the topic. First they were arguing about one negative review from some fuck knows who critic wannabe, who had broken the embargo and then reviews from IMDb users found their way into the thread. And they wouldn't stop talking about them. Every single member was reporting another one. It was insane.£
1. Deleting all that stuff is silly and childish.
2. Deleting all that stuff based on your preference is not professional.
3. The deleted comments are quite selective as Ruth's and a bunch of other ones still stand there even tho the original comment they address has been deleted. Interesting.

I've never seen a mod literally delete 20 pages of comments. We went from people having room to argue and so on to deleting entire pages because you just don't like or agree with what people are saying. I thought you were okay with people having their own scuffle and shit as long as it doesn't go into racist territory and all that crap and as long as it's not like 10 pages of it. It was not 10 pages of it and people were arguing over one review. You claim that it was from an unknown guy and that it was not relevant. I say it doesn't matter from whom that review was. I'm sure Vader's review or my review when I wrote reviews would be seen as the review from a nobody yet you would care then right?

If people want to talk about a negative review let them talk. Regardless of who wrote that review. If they take it seriously who are you to tell them they shouldn't? And if things go out of hand then tell people to stop and if they don't stop then take some measure but this measure should not be wiping entire pages of discussion out of existence.

This is a shitty precedent because you can easily now delete posts and pages and twist entire arguments based to your own liking. I can't trust you now as a mod and nobody should to be honest.

To delete content like that for no actual reason (because you literally had no actual legit reason besides your own little annoyance) is the weirdest thing I've seen on this forum.

That's all I'm gonna say. Do what you want. Next time I fully expect you'll delete more posts based to your own liking. People should fear your all mighty power now. Just wow.
Last edited by RIFA on July 16th, 2017, 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bruh none of those posts were on topic and the entire thread was derailed

Master Virgo did the right thing.

Nobody wants another sermon from you.

Michaelf2225 wrote:bruh none of those posts were on topic and the entire thread was derailed
yes

-Vader

Batfan wall of text

Michaelf2225 wrote:bruh none of those posts were on topic and the entire thread was derailed
This place has had PLENTY of off-topic posts and PLENTY of threads were derailed before. Hundreds of them if not thousands.

And yet nobody thought actually DELETING stuff just because. There are ways to deal with people that derail threads. This is the first time a mod decided to do this and it's stupid because he shouldn't even do that. It's way out of line behavior.

On top of that, there's tens of posts that WERE ON TOPIC that have been deleted because -according to MV himself- you shouldn't take a review from a nobody that broke the embargo seriously and talk about it. But they were discussing that review in a topic that's made to discuss reviews.

Like really? Is this Nolanfans now? I made like 4 posts there and then I couldn't give a shit because I saw the silly reaction. I have no idea what happened after that but there was no reason to delete entire pages. And especially be selective about what you delete. There are posts in that thread that have not been deleted yet are completely off topic.

I mean from now on Virgo, just delete EVERY single thread that gets derailed, starting with this one. Obviously you have the permission to do that even tho I hardly see that existing as a rule. I'm out.
Last edited by RIFA on July 16th, 2017, 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BroskiSabor wrote:Hello, NF. I've missed y'all. What a week this is to be a film/TV fan. Will check back in after GoT tonight.
Welcome back to the jungle.