Archiving/Deleting/Cleaning up the NF Forums

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Cilogy wrote:1. See if you can actually delete the films themselves as well.

2. I would also appreciate better connectivity or optimization or whatever word you kewl kidz use with Twitter and You Tube. We post a lot of stuff from those two sites especially, it would be great if we had the ability to embed shit from there more easily.

3. If it's time for some changes, I'd also love for someone to break Alex out of what I presume is some sort of elaborate hamster wheel-like digital productivity prison at Apple and make the site more mobile device friendly. I spend most of my time on this site through my phone or tablet, it would be neat if they got along better with NF. First world problem, I know, but it's tedious otherwise.

4. Get rid of all those stupid old contest and challenge threads. Get rid of all the bullshit locked threads that we're all ashamed to have participated in. Go as far back as you can. Really dig that proverbial gloved hand up the proverbial anus of NF and rinse out all the proverbial excrement. Get rid of shit like this. Like ... what even?

5. I really don't see why enabling sigs and gif avys would be such a big issue. I visit multiple forums that have both and really don't understand how it would affect things that much. It's not like we have a shitload of sidebars and stuff all over the site that would cause site functionality to drop so drastically. Or just get a better server or add more RAM to your GIGS or whatever.

6. Get rid of all of my random threads.

7. Get rid of me.

Boom! Tabula rasa.
:lol: :clap:

Vintage Cilogy.£

i dont know if this is a controversial move but having some sort of 'like' button for posts may be interesting. oftentimes i want to show appreciation for a post but dont quite want to reply saying 'i enjoyed the thing you wrote!' if ya know what i mean

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:i dont know if this is a controversial move but having some sort of 'like' button for posts may be interesting. oftentimes i want to show appreciation for a post but dont quite want to reply saying 'i enjoyed the thing you wrote!' if ya know what i mean
I'd like that too. The only way I can see it going wrong is if there's a dislike option. It would probably be best to just have likes.

ChristNolan wrote:
Add sigs back

Add gif avys back (if possible)

What Keith said about the YouTube embed

I'll say it for him -- Panapaok would like to help out as a moderator.

Just thought of a serious suggestion.

I remember on the old forum design, we could see previous posts in a given thread in the posting area. It would be nice to have that again, so that whenever I go to post something, I don't have to hit the back button and lose all my content just to look at old posts.

Minor thing, but helps a lot.

Please fix the chat, or embed chatango again.

when we getting anti-spam fixes :judge:

elemunt wrote:when we getting anti-spam fixes :judge:

Knight_White/Dark wrote:
ChristNolan wrote:
Add sigs back

Add gif avys back (if possible)

What Keith said about the YouTube embed