Do you prefer to watch movies alone or in groups?

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.

Do you prefer to watch movies alone or in groups?

Alone
47%
In Groups
11%
Both
42%

Total votes: 66

Do you prefer to watch movies in groups or alone? Do you enjoy watching movies with your friends or family? In theatres? Or is a solitary, quiet experience the best for you?

I personally prefer to watch movies alone. I usually only watch big event movies in theatres with my friends or family but annoying teenagers frequently sour the experience.

What about you?

I pretty much enjoy watching every movie alone no matter what film it is. As much as I love my friends and family, they talk too damn much! So alone.
annoying teenagers frequently sour the experience.
Holy crap yes! Bloody hate some of the teenagers out there. When I saw Toy Story 3, the two year olds were more well behaved than the people my age!

I'm choosing both on this one.

If it's the first time I'm seeing the movie and it's not a comedy, I'd prefer to be alone. Although, I do think that a midnight showing of Inception is going to be perfect. Part of me definitely wants to see it alone the first time, but I'm definitely interested in seeing (and participating in) the audience's reaction.

The midnight shows for The Dark Knight, Star Trek, and Inglourious Basterds were incredible. Pure energy.

depends on what I want to do and what type of movie I want to see... regular both...

but if I want to really enjoy a wonderful executed movie like Chinatown then alone... :twisted: :twisted:

It kind of just depends on the movie for me. However since I have gotten into more artsy films I have found myself watching them alone more often then not. Then when I find a gem I wish someone had seen it with me so I could talk about it.

I would never go to the cinema alone. Because part of that experience with me, is watching it with somebody, and then afterwards have somebody to talk to about it. But if we are just talking DVD's im mostly seeing them alone. Since Im seeing so many.

I prefer watching a movie alone. I don't mind watching with others if they don't start commenting every scene with stupid remarks. I hate that.

akv1984 wrote:I pretty much enjoy watching every movie alone no matter what film it is. As much as I love my friends and family, they talk too damn much! So alone.
Holy crap yes! Bloody hate some of the teenagers out there. When I saw Toy Story 3, the two year olds were more well behaved than the people my age!
I actually smacked a kid in the back of the head during "Clash Of The Titans". He just wouldnt shut up!!

akv1984 wrote:
For some reason teenagers have an annoying compulsion to check their cell-phones every 5 seconds. I miss the days of ushers.

Eternalist wrote: For some reason teenagers have an annoying compulsion to check their cell-phones every 5 seconds. I miss the days of ushers.
Ah danm, I hate when people have to check their cell-phones all the time. Seriously, I always ask them why they went to the movie, since are so important that they can't turn they cell-phones of for 2 hours. Actually I think its quite pathetic that so many people is so addicted to a cellphone. Get a grip seriously.