Loading...
A place for forum games and interesting thread ideas.

NolanFlaws aka What the Hell Is Wrong With Me?

Posts: 22832
Location: On NolanFans, aren't I?
I wonder what would happen if everyone just put Batfan on their Foe list and ignored him. He'd probably realize that the way he's spending time, while he's doing it as he pleases, it is a waste. Or he may not because he really is that thick.
Posts: 3348
Bacon wrote:I wonder what would happen if everyone just put Batfan on their Foe list and ignored him. He'd probably realize that the way he's spending time, while he's doing it as he pleases, it is a waste. Or he may not because he really is that thick.


Because you haven't been hostile and insulting enough already? That sounds like the tactic of a bully, who doesn't know how to deal with people. I would probably be less harsh and negative in my comments if the response to my comments wasn't as dismissively insulting, vile and as hostile each and every time I write something, no matter what it is. I could say 'how wonderful that the sky is blue' and people would tell me to GTFO. If you guys weren't constantly saying how awful I was for expressing my opinion that happens to often be negtaive (because, lets' be real when there's something I don't have a problem with I don't usually comment on it) or how awful my opinions are I would probably not even feel the need to defend myself each and every time. But since many of you choose to be confrontational and rude about these things I am often forced into a position to defend myself when I don't necessarily want to.

I at least acknowledge that your own opinions have some validity. Just because I despise the Hollywood consumer culture in all its vapid meaninglessness doesn't mean I can't see where you guys are coming from in your rather optimistic and passionate engagement with popular culture and I would not criticise your positive attitude at all, contrary to what you guys choose to do here with me on the forum. I happen to have a different outlook on Film, the purpose (or lack thereof) of Art, and probably Life in general than most of you who get angry and impatient with people who are on the more negative side of the opinion spectrum. I happen to assume my negativity and see it for what it is: just another outlook. See? No big deal, move on. Fact is, you guys jumped on the opportunity to derail the conversation by focusing on how stupid my small, and insignificant my comment was and how stupid I am for making it.

You know where this whole discussion came from? I had the audacity to write that someone was right about something that I took to mean that box office does not matter over quality and then people started playing semantics because they felt the need to criticise me for something and the rest followed from there because you couldn't just leave it alone. Because when I attack the things you like you probably feel like I'm attacking the people who like it. I don't generally do that, nor do I attack people who dislike stuff or assume they're trolls or whatever. I also don't like to talk about people in third person as if there was no way to talk to me directly about a problem you have with me and my way of expressing myself. Have the courage to actualy do that and we can talk like adults.
Posts: 5682
dude can you just shut the fuck up for once pls
Posts: 24412
Location: and on the third day, god said "Nah bro, I ain't bout that life."
Batfan175 wrote:
Bacon wrote:I wonder what would happen if everyone just put Batfan on their Foe list and ignored him. He'd probably realize that the way he's spending time, while he's doing it as he pleases, it is a waste. Or he may not because he really is that thick.


Because you haven't been hostile and insulting enough already? That sounds like the tactic of a bully, who doesn't know how to deal with people. I would probably be less harsh and negative in my comments if the response to my comments wasn't as dismissively insulting, vile and as hostile each and every time I write something, no matter what it is. I could say 'how wonderful that the sky is blue' and people would tell me to GTFO. If you guys weren't constantly saying how awful I was for expressing my opinion that happens to often be negtaive (because, lets' be real when there's something I don't have a problem with I don't usually comment on it) or how awful my opinions are I would probably not even feel the need to defend myself each and every time. But since many of you choose to be confrontational and rude about these things I am often forced into a position to defend myself when I don't necessarily want to.

I at least acknowledge that your own opinions have some validity. Just because I despise the Hollywood consumer culture in all its vapid meaninglessness doesn't mean I can't see where you guys are coming from in your rather optimistic and passionate engagement with popular culture and I would not criticise your positive attitude at all, contrary to what you guys choose to do here with me on the forum. I happen to have a different outlook on Film, the purpose (or lack thereof) of Art, and probably Life in general than most of you who get angry and impatient with people who are on the more negative side of the opinion spectrum. I happen to assume my negativity and see it for what it is: just another outlook. See? No big deal, move on. Fact is, you guys jumped on the opportunity to derail the conversation by focusing on how stupid my small, and insignificant my comment was and how stupid I am for making it.

You know where this whole discussion came from? I had the audacity to write that someone was right about something that I took to mean that box office does not matter over quality and then people started playing semantics because they felt the need to criticise me for something and the rest followed from there because you couldn't just leave it alone. Because when I attack the things you like you probably feel like I'm attacking the people who like it. I don't generally do that, nor do I attack people who dislike stuff or assume they're trolls or whatever. I also don't like to talk about people in third person as if there was no way to talk to me directly about a problem you have with me and my way of expressing myself. Have the courage to actualy do that and we can talk like adults.

when ISIS takes over I'm volunteering you as tribute
Posts: 3348
Ruth wrote:dude can you just shut the fuck up for once pls


When you ask politely, yes.

Cilogy wrote:when ISIS takes over I'm volunteering you as tribute


Just..just stop, alright? Insulting me and making fun of me is not going to help anyone.
Posts: 17452
Batfan175 wrote:
Ruth wrote:dude can you just shut the fuck up for once pls


When you ask politely, yes.

Please shut up.

How was that?
Posts: 3348
DoubleD wrote:
Batfan175 wrote:
Ruth wrote:dude can you just shut the fuck up for once pls


When you ask politely, yes.

Please shut up.

How was that?


Now if you guys could treat me like all other forum members without the gratuituous insults and unnecessary and constant hostility we have a deal.
Posts: 623
Location: Sheffield, UK
Regarding peoples disdain with Batfan175

My one gripe with this place is that as soon as a new member joins with an opinion opposing the populous, there always manages to be one of the "veteran" members to take up the call of either mocking them or gunning them down.

Its frankly ridiculous and put me off posting here a while back, it's like you don't want your community to flourish and instead stick stale in the mud with your inner circle of friends. Why can't you just politely ask for an explanation or accept someone's opinion for what it is.

It's even more ridiculous when someone like Vader expresses his uncommon opinions on movies and you all hand in hand praise him for it. I admire the guy for standing his ground, also Bacon always seems to be a common culprit.

outtie5k
Posts: 24412
Location: and on the third day, god said "Nah bro, I ain't bout that life."
elemunt wrote:Its frankly ridiculous and put me off posting here a while back, it's like you don't want your community to flourish and instead stick stale in the mud with your inner circle of friends. Why can't you just politely ask for an explanation or accept someone's opinion for what it is.

This is not a community, this place is the pit from TDKR.

Accept it and move on.
Posts: 22832
Location: On NolanFans, aren't I?
I don't attack new members. I was attacked a lot of as a new member and I wouldn't want that on other people. I only posted making fun of Batfan because, like other people say, we'll start treating him like other members when he starts acting reasonably. All he's been doing in this thread is posting that it looks samey and "loud" and all he's doing is bringing us down. I'd be a hypocrite if I said I didn't do that before (see HTTYD2), but I learned and I realized I should've just left the thread alone (like Batfan should do) and let the fans have their fun. There's nothing wrong with having a different opinion, and there's nothing wrong with voicing it. But when you literally go out of your way to post the same post and then get surprised when people keep telling you to stop, it's your fault and the only one to blame is you. The reason everyone is acting so hostile toward you, Batfan, is because you keep ignoring what people are saying.

Basically, just leave the thread unless you actually wish to contribute something other than the same thing you've been constantly posting. Having a different opinion from most doesn't mean you need to try your best to get under people's skins, which, with the way you've been acting and replying, seems like the only reason you come to this thread in the first place. And if that's the case, there is nothing wrong with the "veterans" getting annoyed.
Next page →
← Return to Forum Fun
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests.