NolanFans Diary Dawn of Collecting

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
MikaHaeli8 wrote:
Rom wrote:
Bacon wrote:What the heck are you even talking about?
Ahh got it! Notice how after claiming I'm leaving I started next post with "Ok", that means I'm checking if I can actually stay and discuss something not related to what was mentioned as usual topics of discussion here.
...Uh.

Whatever he's smoking, it's some decent shit.

Rom wrote:Ok I have a theory, it is about movies. Since it is movie related forum it would be interesting to hear your opinions. I was totally loving movies for a long time, I have seen a lot of them, I always loved to recommend my favorite ones to my friends to listen to their impressions. And I was always in constant search for new movies that I may like. Ok I should stick closer to my theory. The fact is that at the moment I feel like I hate movies, I'm ending up disliking every movie I've ever seen including Nolan, if someone asks me for a movie recommendation I would be confused because I feel like there is no good movie in existence. I used to like them but eventually I feel like I do not anymore. Now the theory. The idea I realized for myself is that there are two reasons why movies, all of them, suck. First, now it's hard to explain for me being not english speaker... Let me use an example, imagine you walk outside and you see beautiful sky and rain and you're enjoying it. Now imagine you just watched Avatar and you're walking outside, you're probably won't impressed by the sky and rain. So the idea is that you're feeding your brain with extreme images, effects, explosions, insane stories, and your brain releases a lot of hormones during that process (neurochemistry is my interest). And after watching movies your brain is kind of exhausted and you enjoy real life things less. Now it's up to everyone to decide if you have something worthy to enjoy in your life to drop movies, but I feel like choosing to drop movies. At some point I watched them a lot and I felt really exhausted. Also it may probably work only for those who are not addicted to more serious stuff like cigarettes, alcohol, junk food etc. Now second reason why movies supposedly suck. Think about it, is there a reason for someone to shoot a movie about ordinary stuff that happens in life of any average human? Most likely no. Plots in movies always show something very unusual, especially I want to focus on people's decisions in movies. The idea is that people act irrational in movies, for instance extreme altruism like in superhero movies, and this stuff subconsciously teaches us to expect same kind of decisions from people in real life, but it does not happen or does not work, so basically all movies are dreamlands with crazy stuff and it confuses our brains a lot, which again hurts real life if it matters for you. I will watch Interstellar because Nolan is my favorite director or at least he used to be, and I love space since childhood, but it is probably the last movie I'm gonna see. What do you guys think?

Cilogy wrote:
Ruth wrote:Rom won't survive here, unless he stops taking everything too seriously.
well, idk, RIFA's been around for a while lol
Well, let's just say he's that exception that proves the rule, lol.

jk

Rom
Sysmatic wrote:Whatever he's smoking, it's some decent shit.
If you read my theory carefully you notice I hinted I'm not even smoking and drinking, not even eating junk food, obviously I'm not taking any drugs. Also you may have such perception because I talk strangely which is because I don't know english perfectly. Anyway I want to see if anyone gets interested in my theory and reply with some decent opinion, then I can go further with this discussion because this idea is a part of bigger idea that is basically my life philosophy.

Rom wrote:
Sysmatic wrote:Whatever he's smoking, it's some decent shit.
If you read my theory carefully you notice I hinted I'm not even smoking and drinking, not even eating junk food, obviously I'm not taking any drugs. Also you may have such perception because I talk strangely which is because I don't know english perfectly. Anyway I want to see if anyone gets interested in my theory and reply with some decent opinion, then I can go further with this discussion because this idea is a part of bigger idea that is basically my life philosophy.
I really don't think it's that obvious. I mean, I'm sure as hell not convinced.

dont bother explaining things to him, few years from now he'll have forgotten he ever thought of it that way anyway

Is there a thread for confessions?