What made you Smile today? II

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:a quality 24 hours of media consumption

first Nymphomaniac which i promptly add to my 'best movie i've seen in the past few years' list. wildly clever, surprisingly fun, insightful, life-affirming.
have you seen the second part?

@rifa will do

@brohan oui oui i watched em both in one sitting. i think joe considering her life/sexual experiences to be a pursuit of higher understanding is pretty rad, even if she's rarely having a fun time. but also in general, i dunno if it's cathartic or validating or what but i genuinely enjoy / find inspiration in films about people going through shit (as illustrated by the two films i champion most)

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:@rifa will do

@brohan oui oui i watched em both in one sitting. i think joe considering her life/sexual experiences to be a pursuit of higher understanding is pretty rad, even if she's rarely having a fun time. but also in general, i dunno if it's cathartic or validating or what but i genuinely enjoy / find inspiration in films about people going through shit (as illustrated by the two films i champion most)
Life affirming? I mean I haven't seen it, but the first two parts of his depression trilogy certainly lived up to the name.£

yes i turned off antichrist 15 minutes in

first Nymphomaniac which i promptly add to my 'best movie i've seen in the past few years' list. wildly clever, surprisingly fun, insightful, life-affirming.

nymphomaniac is bad and you should feel bad

Nelson wrote:

but i think you're great and i can feel great about that

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
Nelson wrote:

but i think you're great and i can feel great about that
no you can't fuck you