What made you go "Oh cooool" today?

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Aced my AP History exam.

The international titles for Gone Girl. Most are just variations of "vanished" or "the disappeared girl", but there's also The Love Liar (Italian) and The Amazing Girl.

I dunno, man, I just like international titles of films, because they can be quite revealing. This Means War's Italian title directly translated as One Spy is Not Enough, which may or may not have been a Bond reference. It was retitled quite quickly, though. And was a great snipe at the plot.

MikaHaeli8 wrote:The international titles for Gone Girl. Most are just variations of "vanished" or "the disappeared girl", but there's also The Love Liar (Italian) and The Amazing Girl.

I dunno, man, I just like international titles of films, because they can be quite revealing. This Means War's Italian title directly translated as One Spy is Not Enough, which may or may not have been a Bond reference. It was retitled quite quickly, though. And was a great snipe at the plot.
The Amazing Girl? Wow, Sony's churning out these spin-offs fast.

darthnazgul wrote:
MikaHaeli8 wrote:The international titles for Gone Girl. Most are just variations of "vanished" or "the disappeared girl", but there's also The Love Liar (Italian) and The Amazing Girl.

The Amazing Girl? Wow, Sony's churning out these spin-offs fast.
Lol

One of the international titles I've read for Gone Girl was Control.
Thought that was interesting.