NolanFans Advice/Support Thread

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Cilogy wrote:
the_red_ninja wrote:Really? :eh: Are your siblings as "introvert" a you?
They are completely opposite and objectively a better human being.
Interesting...

You got a job yet? Focus on your career first, then other stuff will come.

Well I also recently realized I need to focus more on work, so this new job I got in Colorado feels like a fresh start.

I'm just hoping the "other stuff will come" turns out to be true.

Remember "stuff" don't happen overnight yo.

So focus on work, because essentially there's nothing hotter than a successful and financially stable man. ;)

Serious, simple question here: What can I do to get over a girl quicker? And how do I stay that way? Especially if I know I will see her at college in the future?

I know people will probably post jokes but I'm hoping for at least some genuine answers here.

Bacon wrote:Serious, simple question here: What can I do to get over a girl quicker? And how do I stay that way? Especially if I know I will see her at college in the future?

I know people will probably post jokes but I'm hoping for at least some genuine answers here.
Drink alcohol/smoke weed. Or beat your meat.

I was disappointed when I saw you replied. But the back of my mind still thought it might be helpful.

I gotta trust my gut more often.

Bacon wrote:Serious, simple question here: What can I do to get over a girl quicker? And how do I stay that way? Especially if I know I will see her at college in the future?

the answer you're looking for doesn't exist but the most basic strategy is investing your emotional energy in someone else (or ideally yourself)

Join a men's softball league or some other kind of activity to keep you busy.

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:

the answer you're looking for doesn't exist but the most basic strategy is investing your emotional energy in someone else (or ideally yourself)
I've been trying to stay busy, either hanging with friends, playing games, or watching movies and it's done an okay job, but there are still certain times where it just enters my mind and I can't get it out and it bothers me.

Bacon wrote:
mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:

I've been trying to stay busy, either hanging with friends, playing games, or watching movies and it's done an okay job, but there are still certain times where it just enters my mind and I can't get it out and it bothers me.
Well duhhh. You can't just snap out of it, especially if you cared for that person genuinelly. You could avoid her and everything that has to do with her, but that's...unrealistic and you couldn't just run away from it forever. You have to just go through it, eventually you'll get over and be done with it.