NolanFans Wanna Get Some aka Dr. Melfi Couch

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
MiracleSleeper2 wrote:
ChristNolan wrote:That poem is shit. Did James Cameron write it?
Yeah actually. And I'll take that as a compliment, considering James Cameron is one of the most recognized directors in the industry, and has directed the two highest grossing films of all time. So if my work is like Cameron's, I must be on the right track. ;)
Recognised director, not writer.

darthnazgul wrote:
MiracleSleeper2 wrote:
ChristNolan wrote:That poem is shit. Did James Cameron write it?
Yeah actually. And I'll take that as a compliment, considering James Cameron is one of the most recognized directors in the industry, and has directed the two highest grossing films of all time. So if my work is like Cameron's, I must be on the right track. ;)
Recognised director, not writer.
touché

It's been nearly two months since we broke up, and I still feel like shit.
Oh, and add that to the MDD and anxiety. My life is in shambles.

Teh boyfriend is down until Saturday, and he bought me new trainers as well. Whee ^_^

Ugh.

Bacon wrote:Ugh.

Basically the girl (Girl A) I like is someone I don't know well and I don't find her super physically attractive. A seems nice, and personality > looks, so I'd like to ask her out, but I don't know her very well and so I don't know if it's worth it or if she'll even say yes. She's in the grade below me and I have no money so I don't even know where to ask her out at.

I am also sort of worried if a high school relationship is worth it due to the fact that my friend-erm-lost his virginity a while back to a girl he met like 2 days before that ended up being someone with a boyfriend and has that "reputation". I'm the only one he's told other than one other friend, and for a while he was worried about the consequences and so I'm sorta shaken over that (it's new to me to be honest), and it makes me second think getting into a relationship (though this is a case of me asking someone out on dates instead of going over to the person's house all alone).

Also, my sorta not really dream girl for the age I'm at (Girl B) but something pretty darn close to it is in my Theatre class but she's in a serious relationship with her boyfriend of like 4 years and they're planning on going to college together and possibly getting married. She's like naturally pretty and her entire attitude is basically what I like. She is completely aware that I like her and I'm completely aware that there's absolutely no possibility of anything between us, so we're just hanging out together like friends would (which is fine by me). She seemed really honored that I came out as soon as I did about it and the maturity I handled it basically saying 'I like you, so headsup, if I seem like I do it's cause I really do.' She said nothing's changed between us and nothing has, so that's good (I've been in similar situations where the relationship was ruined). I just wish there was someone else like her, which sounds cheesy because I've only known her since the beginning of this year. Girl A is sort of similar, but not much. Still sorta sucks though when I think about it.

I'd be fine about this (I normally am when it comes to girls) but recently the day before Thanksgiving break, I mentioned to these two popular girls in my grade (whom I never talk to but are still friendly) that I've never had a girlfriend and they said that if I like someone not to delay it and go for it because I'm missing out, so it's got me wondering if it's worth the risk. (This is NOT a case of "I don't wanna date A because I like B". B's not an issue, just an annoyance.) Dunno if I'm making sense or just rambling.

First day in library and here She comes... don't know her, yet... couldn't find her enough literaure so I spent second half of the shift finding things for her; afterwards sent her a message to come pick it up tomorrow because why the hell not, abusage of library code or whatever for the greater good... right? :)

Bacon wrote:Basically the girl (Girl A) I like is someone I don't know well and I don't find her super physically attractive. A seems nice, and personality > looks, so I'd like to ask her out, but I don't know her very well and so I don't know if it's worth it or if she'll even say yes. She's in the grade below me and I have no money so I don't even know where to ask her out at.

I am also sort of worried if a high school relationship is worth it due to the fact that my friend-erm-lost his virginity a while back to a girl he met like 2 days before that ended up being someone with a boyfriend and has that "reputation". I'm the only one he's told other than one other friend, and for a while he was worried about the consequences and so I'm sorta shaken over that (it's new to me to be honest), and it makes me second think getting into a relationship (though this is a case of me asking someone out on dates instead of going over to the person's house all alone).

Also, my sorta not really dream girl for the age I'm at (Girl B) but something pretty darn close to it is in my Theatre class but she's in a serious relationship with her boyfriend of like 4 years and they're planning on going to college together and possibly getting married. She's like naturally pretty and her entire attitude is basically what I like. She is completely aware that I like her and I'm completely aware that there's absolutely no possibility of anything between us, so we're just hanging out together like friends would (which is fine by me). She seemed really honored that I came out as soon as I did about it and the maturity I handled it basically saying 'I like you, so headsup, if I seem like I do it's cause I really do.' She said nothing's changed between us and nothing has, so that's good (I've been in similar situations where the relationship was ruined). I just wish there was someone else like her, which sounds cheesy because I've only known her since the beginning of this year. Girl A is sort of similar, but not much. Still sorta sucks though when I think about it.

I'd be fine about this (I normally am when it comes to girls) but recently the day before Thanksgiving break, I mentioned to these two popular girls in my grade (whom I never talk to but are still friendly) that I've never had a girlfriend and they said that if I like someone not to delay it and go for it because I'm missing out, so it's got me wondering if it's worth the risk. (This is NOT a case of "I don't wanna date A because I like B". B's not an issue, just an annoyance.) Dunno if I'm making sense or just rambling.
I totally understand what you're saying. I'm in a sort of similar situation with two girls I like.

Girl A, is really nice and pretty, probably top 25% in the class, based on looks. She's funny too and I like her a lot, and I think she likes me too. I'd ask her out, but I don't know what to do because of Girl B. Girl B is prettier, and smarter, and I like being around her more. She's the one I really like a lot. We're good friends, but based on looks, she's top 5 in my class and I have basically no chance whatsoever at actually dating her. I'm definitely friendzoned.

So you'd think, just ask out Girl A then. Well... I can't do that, and this is where the twist comes in. Girl A and Girl B are best friends. This is a serious problem for me because if I ask out Girl A, that would pretty much obliterate what little chance I have with Girl B. Ugh.

I don't know how guys let themselves be friendzoned.

Anyway, "the girl who got away" I keep bringing up texted me out of nowhere today, and proceeded to be flirtacious as fuck for an hour straight. Considering I'll be seeing her in a few weeks when she visits our group of friends in Chicago (she lives in Wyoming going to medical school and visits Chicago a few times a year), I have no idea what to make of this. It's ...some word I don't know to see our chemistry so clearly innate in us as people even after four months of not talking. I'd trade a lot- not a new Star Wars movie, but a lot- for her to be enrolled in a Chicago medical school. All my friends hate her and think we're terrible together anyway, though. Including NF's very own Keegan O'fuckyou.

-Vader