NolanFans Wanna Get Some aka Dr. Melfi Couch

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Ruth wrote:
February 17th, 2020, 12:22 pm
Artemis wrote:
February 17th, 2020, 11:40 am
what did everyone do for valentine's day?
that sounds like a great day to me tbh

Artemis wrote:
February 17th, 2020, 12:23 pm
Ruth wrote:
Artemis wrote:
that sounds like a great day to me tbh
idk but i just really wanted to include a mad men reference

I knew this one girl in high school
who said she masturbated like 7 times and then watched Jersey Shore on valentines day.

Artemis wrote:
February 17th, 2020, 12:09 pm
That sounds like such a nice and awesome day!
LelekPL wrote:
February 17th, 2020, 12:06 pm
In terms of gifts, we said we wouldn't be giving ourselves anything, but regardless I was supposed to write her due MA thesis for her but I didn't make it on time. So I got her balloons, some cosmetics and candy and she also lied and bought me underwear (I think I've already mentioned it before but as a man you got to get ready for underwear and socks galore during any holiday seasons, these will be your gifts for the rest of your life :P )
lol I actually asked my bf to get me these pair of pajamas I wanted. I've been obsessed with poplin pajamas lately and the ones from Gap are so cozy!

He also took me out to eat at a really nice italian restaurant and then afterwards we went to this used bookstore we love and he paid for the books I picked.

I got him girl scout cookies and season one of The Nanny because we both love Fran Drescher and we'll watch that together.
That sounds great as well. I can especially relate we the end of the day part ;) but Italian food is life as well.

Ruth wrote:
Artemis wrote:
yep

Went out on Friday with some friends and a girl I had been talking to over the past few weeks went with us and brought a friend. We went to a bar/club and she showed up already tipsy, talked/flirted with me, and then proceeded to grind on like 3 random guys in the span of 3 minutes while they looked at me like "try something." My friends and I left pretty quickly after that. Got a text from her the day after profusely apologizing and blaming it on the alcohol.

Great experience lol

Tbh I wouldn't get involved with people like that. And blaming it on alcohol is just evading responsibility. She could have just said "sorry, I fucked up."

Artemis wrote:
February 27th, 2020, 3:41 pm
Tbh I wouldn't get involved with people like that. And blaming it on alcohol is just evading responsibility. She could have just said "sorry, I fucked up."
Agreed. Didn't know she was like that and I don't intend to respond. I have genuinely great friends though.

Counter-point:

One of my good friends dated around for years and never found someone to settle down with. Met a drunk maniac at a party once, she acted like a fool. They exchanged numbers anyway. She texted apologizing the next day asking to hangout again and show him she's a nice girl. They've been dating for years and moved in together not long ago. Terrific couple.

Give people a chance. Saying this as someone who doesn't drink.

-Vader

My main issue is Bacon saying she blamed it on the alcohol. With your friend Vader it doesn't seem to be the same case.