NolanFans Wanna Get Some aka Dr. Melfi Couch

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
went on a date

I've never felt so indifferent to someone in my life.$

not even to jai courtney?

Cilogy wrote:
August 10th, 2018, 10:57 pm
went on a date

That sounds like a solid basis for marriage. 🕷️

Cilogy wrote:
went on a date

Be very cautious about continuing it, imo. It's not fair for either of you. You need to find someone that really gets you going.

You know that saying: Distance makes the heart grow fonder; well it's true. However long distance sucks.

By the end of the year I will have changed the path of my career to be with the one I love. Just like in the final act of many romance movies - but those movies hardly show the after.

🕷

Bacon wrote:
August 11th, 2018, 1:29 pm
Cilogy wrote:
went on a date

Be very cautious about continuing it, imo. It's not fair for either of you. You need to find someone that really gets you going.
Yea I'm not, she's very sheltered and controlled by her parents.

She almost always said "I dont know" to virtually any question I asked.

Advice please. The sooner the better.

Got a girl (Girl A)'s number the day after I got rejected by another girl (Girl B). I got her number because I was really down and I needed a pick-me-up moment. I mentioned we could maybe hang out during the summer and left it at that. I was genuine in what I was saying, but Girl B is a good friend of mine so it was taking me a bit of time to get over her considering my regular seeing of her throughout the summer. I don't like moving on fast because I feel it's unfair to the person I'm beginning to date. But now I feel like an asshole because I never texted Girl A back and there's no reason for her to assume I was uninterested at the time because I obviously asked for it. I go to college with Girl A and I'd love to begin talking to her and possibly go on a date but I don't know how to not seem like a selfish prick that blew her off.

Am I looking too far into it? Should I just give up since I missed my chance, or is it worth texting her/seeing her at college and trying to initiate it? I want to believe she'd totally understand my predicament but I'm worried she was really bummed after I never texted her back (because she seemed genuinely interested). If it's worth a shot, I'd like to text her today before school kicks back into force on Monday so I can start creating a dialogue I can connect with in-person with her.

Jason Sudeikis texted Olivia Wilde one month after he got her phone number on SNL, they're partners since 2011, so yeah, you're overthinking it. Just do whatever you feel is the best way and if she feels the same way it's on. The thing about texts is that she wasn't just sitting there in front of her phone waiting for you, bastard, to call for a drink, life goes on... But with the right sort of approach you can literally reignite that fire weeks or even months after, with the right sort of approach. Text is just a first step into 'let's see if we're clicking in real life'. 🕷

m4st4 wrote:
August 17th, 2018, 2:50 am
Jason Sudeikis texted Olivia Wilde one month after he got her phone number on SNL, they're partners since 2011, so yeah, you're overthinking it. Just do whatever you feel is the best way and if she feels the same way it's on. The thing about texts is that she wasn't just sitting there in front of her phone waiting for you, bastard, to call for a drink, life goes on... But with the right sort of approach you can literally reignite that fire weeks or even months after, with the right sort of approach.🕷
It's been 2 months. Would texting her tomorrow asking about her schedule this semester for classes be a bad idea? Not the most exciting topic but it would give for a good opportunity for a conversation outside of "Hey! How was that summer that I completely ignored you for?"