NolanFans Wanna Get Some aka Dr. Melfi Couch

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Holy fuck DR is 15 already??

So I told my best friend that I have feelings for him yesterday and I don't feel good at all. It hurts so much. I was driving him home yesterday and he told me stuff that made me very jealous. Then we hugged and said goodbye because he's moving out of town.

As I was driving home, I felt this urge, like it is the right time to confess to him. I've been having these feelings for years now but I've never had the courage to tell him. I tried to get over him but it just wasn't working.

I got home and immediately wrote him a message, sent it then went to sleep. And I couldn't even sleep. My heart was pounding so hard and I didn't want to even look at the screen in case he had replied. I woke up the next day and found out he did reply but I only read part of it because I felt I wasn't ready. It was clear from the beginning that he's not into me that way (he's bi btw).

As I was having breakfast I started to cry which is something that rarely happens to me. And now whenever I remember him I feel this terrible feeling in my chest.

It fucking hurts that he's leaving and it fucking hurts that the feelings are not mutual. I don't know if the distance will help because he moved away once before and it made things worse. It made me miss him even more.

I don't know how or when I'll get over him. This truly sucks.
Last edited by Tarssauce on April 12th, 2018, 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ah shit man that sucks :cry:

That's very sad to hear Ahmad. Still kudos for your bravery and making your feelings known to him. If the time finally heals you at some point, you will feel that you've done all that you could and you will have no regret for suppressing yourself.£

AhmadAli95 wrote:
April 12th, 2018, 10:32 am
So I told my best friend that I have feelings for him yesterday and I don't feel good at all. It hurts so much. I was driving him home yesterday and he told me stuff that made me very jealous. Then we hugged and said goodbye because he's moving out of town.

As I was driving home, I felt this urge, like it is the right time to confess to him. I've been having these feelings for years now but I've never had the courage to tell him. I tried to get over him but it just wasn't working.

I got home and immediately wrote him a message, sent it then went to sleep. And I couldn't even sleep. My heart was pounding so hard and I didn't want to even look at the screen in case he had replied. I woke up the next day and found out he did reply but I only read part of it because I felt I wasn't ready. It was clear from the beginning that he's not into me that way (he's bi btw).

As I was having breakfast I started to cry which is something that rarely happens to me. And now whenever I remember him I feel this terrible feeling in my chest.

It fucking hurts that he's leaving and it fucking hurts that the feelings are not mutual. I don't know if the distance will help because he moved away once before and it made things worse. It made me miss him even more.

I don't know how or when I'll get over him. This truly sucks.
This hit me hard, man.

I'm sorry to hear that, and I find it relateable cuz I was in a similar situation and I remember how much I wanted to kill myself over it when it happened.

But as annoyingly cheesy as it sounds, I've really tried to look at it positively and as a contributor to my personal growth. Like, I learned not to have an incomplete image of a person and fill in the gaps with my imagination.

Hope you do better. ♥

Five years since I made this thread and I’m still heartbroken over the reason it was made in the first place.

@AhmadAli95, I'm in exactly the same situation right now man, and it really does suck - I understand completely what you're going through. But at the same time, you've just gotta keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason. Hold onto that friendship no matter what; in my situation he cut me out of his life completely

Thank you everyone. I definitely feel better today and reading your posts helped a lot.
The message he sent me was very considerate. It was like a message from an older brother trying to comfort his younger brother. He reminded me that we've been friends for so long - we met in first grade but became close friends in middle school - indicating that I'll still have him as a friend. But I don't know if I can talk to him the same way I did before.

I decided to stay away from any social media sites we share. I need to distance myself from him for a while.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
April 13th, 2018, 2:20 am
Thank you everyone. I definitely feel better today and reading your posts helped a lot.
The message he sent me was very considerate. It was like a message from an older brother trying to comfort his younger brother. He reminded me that we've been friends for so long - we met in first grade but became close friends in middle school - indicating that I'll still have him as a friend. But I don't know if I can talk to him the same way I did before.

I decided to stay away from any social media sites we share. I need to distance myself from him for a while.
Good on you, man. You're handling this about as well as you possibly could. Even though you got shot down, making your feelings known to a person you care deeply about takes incredible strength. You'll only get stronger after this.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
April 13th, 2018, 2:20 am

I couldn’t respond to your post yesterday, but I was just gonna say what everybody else said.

But I’d say, give it some time to heal a bit. The response from your friend indicates he’s a good and sincere person and genuinely cares about you as a friend. You don’t have to distance and cut him out of your life forever. It’s incredibly normal to feel hurt or doubtful over the future prospects of your friendship, but if you give yourself some time to reflect (not in a “i hate myself and want to die” kind of way though), you may also find a way to turn this around and grow from this experience. Things won’t be the same, but that doesn’t mean they can’t be good. Don’t toss away a friendship like that unless it’s something you’re absolutely certain about.