NolanFans Wanna Get Some aka Dr. Melfi Couch

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Ruth wrote:
April 9th, 2018, 1:31 pm
Artemis wrote:
April 9th, 2018, 12:32 pm
Me and him had a super long conversation last night.

I'm so heartbroken right now and everything sucks.

Hopefully something better comes along.
Hopefully by ‘something better’ you mean a different partner, if that’s what you’re looking for, because this is kind of awful. Nobody deserves to go through this, let alone repeatedly. This isn’t something people or couples can work through, or change, the guy just doesn’t take you seriously, which wouldn’t be a problem if you happened to share this mindset. Which you don’t. People are prone to do stupid shit when they’re heartbroken and in love, and you seem like the type of person to forgive bullshit like this. I’m in no position to ‘judge’ or slap labels onto people I don’t know, but if you keep continuing this, you’ll just find yourself more and more miserable with time.
I am definitely someone who forgives easily. It's both a strength and a weakness.

I'm kind of on edge because I know he's going to reach out to me again. I know in a few weeks or months he'll try again. And if I let it, then the same situation will happen again.

It really is up to me to stop it. I just hate that I had to go through all this in the first place.

Artemis wrote:
April 9th, 2018, 3:24 pm
Ruth wrote:
April 9th, 2018, 1:31 pm
Artemis wrote:
April 9th, 2018, 12:32 pm
Me and him had a super long conversation last night.

I'm so heartbroken right now and everything sucks.

Hopefully something better comes along.
Hopefully by ‘something better’ you mean a different partner, if that’s what you’re looking for, because this is kind of awful. Nobody deserves to go through this, let alone repeatedly. This isn’t something people or couples can work through, or change, the guy just doesn’t take you seriously, which wouldn’t be a problem if you happened to share this mindset. Which you don’t. People are prone to do stupid shit when they’re heartbroken and in love, and you seem like the type of person to forgive bullshit like this. I’m in no position to ‘judge’ or slap labels onto people I don’t know, but if you keep continuing this, you’ll just find yourself more and more miserable with time.
I am definitely someone who forgives easily. It's both a strength and a weakness.

I'm kind of on edge because I know he's going to reach out to me again. I know in a few weeks or months he'll try again. And if I let it, then the same situation will happen again.

It really is up to me to stop it. I just hate that I had to go through all this in the first place.
It's going to be hard, but you should really put an end to all of this once and for all. He's just not a very trustworthy person at all. You can do SO MUCH better. You really do not have to allow yourself to be used like that. And don't question yourself why you're going through a situation like that, because the only "fault" of yours here is that you're actually the one who's acting like a decent human with actual feelings, instead of being a complete douchenozzle

He said he deleted his Instagram account. When I checked Insta today, I still saw his comments on my picture. But when i would click on his username, it took me to a blank page. So I switched to the Instagram account I'm building for my company and I see that his account his still up and running.

I manage social media accounts for a multi million dollar company. Social media is my job. Did he really think he could get past me with that shit?

I just have a case of permanent embarrassed Ben Affleck face now.

I thought you weren't in communication with him?

Why are you spending time caring about his social media? You're implying he lied to you...yet again. So don't bother with it. Drop him and get as many people around you that support your decision and help you out of it.

Bacon wrote:
April 9th, 2018, 9:44 pm
I thought you weren't in communication with him?

Why are you spending time caring about his social media? You're implying he lied to you...yet again. So don't bother with it. Drop him and get as many people around you that support your decision and help you out of it.
Last night he told me that he deleted his social media. I haven't talked to him since then and I'm not going to talk to him.

I've been talking to my friends about this and they're just as baffled too.

Artemis wrote:
April 9th, 2018, 9:51 pm
Last night he told me that he deleted his social media. I haven't talked to him since then and I'm not going to talk to him.

I've been talking to my friends about this and they're just as baffled too.
Surrounding yourself with friends who can look at the situation and tell you what you need to hear and try to snap you out of the cycle can be extremely helpful. Keep that up.

+1 on that one

i wanna get some with with davinci resolve cause they just added a fully featured vfx program to what was already an insane editing color and sound program. and it's free. i'm cancelling my adobe creative cloud subscription

From what I've heard, Adobe still keeps your data after cancellation.

Dicks.

i just assume everyone keeps everything