NolanFans Wanna Get Some aka Dr. Melfi Couch

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Law wrote:
February 21st, 2018, 9:47 pm
My girl recently broke up with me. However, texted me the following two days after stating we should spend some time apart. I was taken back, so I was pretty short with my answers and told her we shouldn't speak. It's been 3 days since then and I'm unsure what to do. We were supposed to see a show on Saturday and get a nice dinner in the city.

Thoughts?
If I'm reading it right then she doesn't actually want to be with you, she just wants the comfort of the nostalgic experience of being with you. It'll lead nowhere and will cause you hurt.

Idk something like that

inclined to agree with joey. seems like this would just draw out the breakup process

Law wrote:
My girl recently broke up with me. However, texted me the following two days after stating we should spend some time apart. I was taken back, so I was pretty short with my answers and told her we shouldn't speak. It's been 3 days since then and I'm unsure what to do. We were supposed to see a show on Saturday and get a nice dinner in the city.

Thoughts?
Just save your $ and beat your meat.

I don't know how you even found time between eating donuts with your overweight comic relief partner and harassing minority youths to even have a girl, but yeah, cut her off.

I was in a similar situation months ago. I get what you guys are saying and it definitely makes sense, but easier said than done honestly. Long term relationships can be really messy and confusing sometimes and emotions obviously can get in the way of reason a lot even when there are a lot of reasonable voices giving good advice.

In other words, in my situation I went with my heart instead of my brain. We're both happy now and I don't regret my decision yet I suppose. idk man this shit is confusing and i certainly empathize with law here with whatever happens

Law wrote:

Thoughts?
You've done all the right things, if you are done with her. She broke up with you, then she suggests time apart... would you see her regularly outside of dating? #girlsareweird

I'm sorry this happened to you, law. I don't think any of us are in a position to give you serious advice, since we don't know you and your relationship, and as Taxman said relationships can get super messy, but personally I'd be very uncomfortable staying with a person like that, so..

Forum Pro
Law
Update: we're going to the show. Stand by for outcome.

Law wrote:
February 23rd, 2018, 12:07 am
Update: we're going to the show. Stand by for outcome.
Not feeling sorry for you next time, sry.