Worst Cinema Experience

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Law wrote:
Durden wrote:So we should just lock the thread now. :? We can acknowledge what those people went through(Tragedy), but it should strip us of our right to share our experiences.
Some of these experiences are laughable though
Wait, what? I thought you were joking. You can trivialize literally anything by comparing it to an extreme standard.

Anyway, there's a pretty huge difference between a couple people talking periodically in the movie, and 5 or 6 girls with their bright phones out talking over eachother nonstop four feet in front of you.

-Vader

Forum Pro
Law
Vader182 wrote:
Law wrote: Some of these experiences are laughable though
Wait, what? I thought you were joking. You can trivialize literally anything by comparing it to an extreme standard.

Anyway, there's a pretty huge difference between a couple people talking periodically in the movie, and 5 or 6 girls with their bright phones out talking over eachother nonstop four feet in front of you.

-Vader
Oh I mean yeah.. I was kidding.

Vader182 wrote:I saw Rises one last time IMAX this weekend, and it was fucking unbelievable.

Basically, row in front of me, 3-4 middle eastern women sat just to my right. At least two were talking at all times, and all of them were on their phones the entire time they sat in the theater. Facebook, games, photos, illuminating their new rings and shoes to display to eachother in the obviously dark theater. Twenty minutes into the movie, somebody came in, and the girls used the light of their phones to signal where they were. This happened again five minutes later. One of the new girls wore a fur coat (looked real) and had a diverse set of bags she looked through for about five minutes that made an outrageous amount of noise and prevented me hearing dialogue and so on. Given their outrageous disregard for the other people in the theater, obsessively clung to their phones, speaking incessantly to one another (none of them had their heads even facing the screen for more than a minute or two), their clothes, and so on, I'm confident they may have been oil babies since there's a lot of them in that part of Chicago. About an hour into the movie, they just got up and like, left the theater lol. $20 dollars for an hour of a movie.

I should have gotten security to kick them out, but I wasn't about to leave the theater on my final theatrical viewing of Rises. Then again, I probably would have soon after that. Obviously I have nothing against Middle Eastern women, rich ones or not, but holy fuck.

-Vader
It's still in theaters? :wtf: Where?

Law wrote:Oh no poor you guys! People were talking during your film?!?!? Trying living through a mass murder during a movie.
:facepalm:

Forum Pro
Law
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
Law wrote:Oh no poor you guys! People were talking during your film?!?!? Trying living through a mass murder during a movie.
:facepalm:
care to elaborate?

Transformers 2. Nuff said.

Les Mis :suicide:

nolangoatdirector wrote:
Vader182 wrote:I saw Rises one last time IMAX this weekend, and it was fucking unbelievable.

Basically, row in front of me, 3-4 middle eastern women sat just to my right. At least two were talking at all times, and all of them were on their phones the entire time they sat in the theater. Facebook, games, photos, illuminating their new rings and shoes to display to eachother in the obviously dark theater. Twenty minutes into the movie, somebody came in, and the girls used the light of their phones to signal where they were. This happened again five minutes later. One of the new girls wore a fur coat (looked real) and had a diverse set of bags she looked through for about five minutes that made an outrageous amount of noise and prevented me hearing dialogue and so on. Given their outrageous disregard for the other people in the theater, obsessively clung to their phones, speaking incessantly to one another (none of them had their heads even facing the screen for more than a minute or two), their clothes, and so on, I'm confident they may have been oil babies since there's a lot of them in that part of Chicago. About an hour into the movie, they just got up and like, left the theater lol. $20 dollars for an hour of a movie.

I should have gotten security to kick them out, but I wasn't about to leave the theater on my final theatrical viewing of Rises. Then again, I probably would have soon after that. Obviously I have nothing against Middle Eastern women, rich ones or not, but holy fuck.

-Vader
It's still in theaters? :wtf: Where?
I went to Navy Pier's final 15/70 screening ever. Tenth viewing in that format.

-Vader

The Avengers was pretty miserable for me, I must say. It was a Micheal Bay-like film with a Michael Bay-like audience. I felt out of place to be there.

Vader182 wrote:I went to Navy Pier's final 15/70 screening ever. Tenth viewing in that format.

-Vader
Don't tell me that it's going digital-only now...