Best Cinema Experience

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Watch me be a narcissist and bump my own thread.

This is not my favourite, but one that I look back at with quite a bit of fondness:

I remember seeing The Revenant for the first time, and while I admired its craft, I left the cinema feeling rather empty and cold. About a a month and a half later, I did something very selfish to someone who was very close to me, and I was in a such an emotional state of turmoil; like I couldn't sink any low than what I was feeling. So what did I do when Tuesday evening? Leo had won his Oscar the previous evening, the main theme started to haunt me, and I was home alone by myself, so I decided to give The Revenant another go at the cinema. The shopping centre was completely deserted, and it was raining; it was a beautiful grey evening. I sat down to watch The Revenant again, and for me upon that viewing, it was the cinematic equivalent of slipping into a warm bath. It didn't cure any of my real life problems, but it made me feel so numb that I almost felt like I was in some kind of trance. I wasn't sure whether it was my state of mind or if it was the movie, or a combination of both. It was because of that experience that I believe that movies can be very spiritual experiences, depending on what is going on in your life and how it affects your viewing.

I saw The Revenant in the cinema too, and it indeed was an amazing experience.

But the best cinema experience I've ever had has to be Interstellar. I went to a (regular) cinema screenings on one of the last days it was playing, and it was just because I wanted to see a movie with my family and it looked like a decent film. I didn't even know who Nolan was at that point. Well, long story short, I was totally blown away. I was in some kind of trance during the film and it felt like I woke up when the lights went on again. I got obsessed with Interstellar and, naturally, its director. I immediately became a fan of Nolan and of course Hans Zimmer too, because the Interstellar soundtrack was the most beautiful soundtrack I had ever heard with a film and it was one of the main reasons why I was so impressed by it.

A few months later, I saw that Interstellar would be screened at an outdoor film festival, and I immediately bought tickets. It was played on a gigantic (IMAX-size) screen with a fantastic sound system, and you could see the stars above the screen. That is definitely the best movie screening I've ever witnessed, but of course it was different because I had already seen the film.

Spiderman 2, Gravity, MI:Ghost Protocol

Spiderman I was a kid experiencing everything a kid could want with my parents, the latter two were just great, engrossing cinema experiences.

To me it's TDKR. I acknowledge it's amongst Nolan's "worst", but the cinema experience to me was incredible. I've never been a huge fan of movies that are packed with action from start to finish, but my heart was beating so damn fast for the entire film. The way the atmosphere builds up from the second it starts was so damn good. It wasn't all fighting and driving scenes, but the scale of the disaster, the music, tone and dialogue makes it the most epic experience I've ever had at the theater.

Interstellar in IMAX.

Interstellar's another one. Glad I went to the more expensive cinema for that one, with those crisp speakers. Just wish I could have seen it in IMAX.

The Dark Knight, Inception, The Dark Knight Rises, Interstellar, all in IMAX The Revenant. Sicario. Just some of the films that come to mind where I was stunned in the theater.

Mad Max Fury Road and Interstellar in regular cinema.

Mad Max: Fury Road
SW: Episode 8
The Revenant
Nocturnal Animals
Drive

tdk and ep 3 bruhhh