Best Cinema Experience

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
prowlercomesaround wrote:
Dodd wrote:Interstellar Premiere in Paris at Le Grand Rex
In Paris, walked red carpet, champagne flutes, delicious macaroons, Nolan and McC in the house for a post film convo, me wearing a Cifonelli suit

The movie was ight too.
I had a similar experience with Interstellar, only different:
In The Hague, walked in rain and fog to find the Pathè Digital IMAX, warm Heineken beer, soggy doritos, some random Dutch guys being drunk and loud behind me, me wearing a heavy rain coat and being afraid to walk home to my hotel in the night/early morning (night premiere). Still, one of my best cinema experiences.
:lol:

One of my best cinema experiences was seeing The Hateful Eight in 70mm, in Amsterdam North. The theater was crowded with cinephiles lol. There was a very good atmosphere. The screening was absolutely superb, gorgeous. I went with my best friend and we had a blast!

Nomis wrote:One of my best cinema experiences was seeing The Hateful Eight in 70mm, in Amsterdam North. The theater was crowded with cinephiles lol. There was a very good atmosphere. The screening was absolutely superb, gorgeous. I went with my best friend and we had a blast!
I can see that being fun. When I went to see Inglourious Basterds it was packed, and everyone was down for some QT. It made it real fun, and actually one of my best experiences. It wasn't in 70mm, or in a cool place like Amsterdam, but it was still awesome.

My best though was seeing Drive. It was at the independent theater, and it was sold out. Everyone was so into the movie. Towards the end when it cranks up you would have thought we were watching a horror film. Tremendous fun.

Yeah it really helps if the audience you're watching the film with is so into it as well. Like seeing TFA on the first day, the IMAX theater was packed (500 peeps) and the majority FUCKING LOST IT when the film started lololol a lot of them with lightsabers and shit that was a fun experience as well