What Made You Go WTF?

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Pratham wrote:GUYS! GUYS!!!

YOU HAVE TO WATCH THIS!

I told my friend about this on the phone. This was our conversation:

Me: So there's this movie coming out called Iron Sky 2 where Hitler rides around on a T-Rex.
Friend: That...is...amazing.
Me: I know!
Friend: We have to see that.

Iron Sky 2 is officially my most anticipated film. Fuck BvS and Star Wars.

Bacon wrote:USA Today talking about Interstellar
Compare it to the stark, sleek, vastly superior film, Gravity. Alfonso Cuaron’s film was razor tight and beautiful; it focused on the moments that make us human, moments that were contrasted by the infinite nature of space. It was horrifying and beautiful, and the images of the film stick with me.
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Gravity's a poor film, even without Interstellar to compare to.

Compare it to the stark, sleek, vastly superior film, Gravity. Alfonso Cuaron’s film was razor tight and beautiful; it focused on the moments that make us human, moments that were contrasted by the infinite nature of space. It was horrifying and beautiful, and the images of the film stick with me.
Listen, I'll admit, Interstellar knocks Gravity's visual effects out of the park, but the difference between Gravity and Interstellar is that Interstellar is more grounded and manages to do things in the most realistic of ways. Gravity does rely heavily on CGI, but that's allowed because I don't think you could have achieved it through practical effects. Both manage to do different things in their own respective ways, so I'm annoyed by any comparison that is trying to be made of it.

darthnazgul wrote:
Gravity's a poor film, even without Interstellar to compare to.
You're fucking wrong.

Gravity is already not aging well. Interstellar will age like fine wine imo.

Allstar wrote:Gravity is already not aging well. Interstellar will age like fine wine imo.

11072014 wrote:
darthnazgul wrote: Gravity's a poor film, even without Interstellar to compare to.
You're fucking wrong.

Regarding Gravity... I was discussing this with my cousin who's a film major in LA, and he shared his thoughts on why he loves Gravity. When we first saw it together, he left the theater saying it was the best film he had ever seen. I talked to him recently and he said his love for it was due to the continuous physical feeling that the film provided.

The film is essentially a cinematic-rollercoaster ride if you see in Imax. It's an incredible experience, but unfortunately it doesn't provide the same experience if you watch it at home. My cousin even stated that he vows never to see Gravity again, because no other means of viewing the film will ever compare to the experience he had when he first watched it in Imax.

He just saw Interstellar last week, and said that's his new favorite film. I think Interstellar will age very nicely, unlike Gravity, mainly because Interstellar is more than just a physical viewing experience... it allows you to reflect on so many themes and emotions. I personally don't think Gravity is necessarily 'better' than Interstellar, but I will say that the experience of seeing Gravity in Imax was a once in a lifetime experience that Interstellar wasn't able to capture, despite how amazing it was.

Allstar wrote:Gravity is already not aging well. Interstellar will age like fine wine imo.

OMG, the new 50 Shades of Grey trailer. Just... incredibly bad.