What Made You Go WTF?

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
MikaHaeli8 wrote:fedora
Yep, there's your problem.

celibate wrote:
MikaHaeli8 wrote:I was working at a football match today (just pulling pints) and I served a bloke and his friend. One of them asked if I wanted to come and live with them and then told me I looked like "a party animal". I played along and laughed it off, not thinking much of it. Later, the bloke and his friend came back and bought some more drinks and near the end of the transaction, he complimented me on something (I don't know what). He then followed it up with "You're looking fresh as a daisy despite not having slept well."

I was confused, creeped out and a little hurt. Like, I know my eyebags are prominent, but really? Sadly, I could not retort with "That's very judgmental coming from a dude attending a fucking football match in a fedora and tweed jacket". Which was what he was wearing.
sounds like you were being hit on
Shit, yeah, that's it. Backhanded compliments are guaranteed to get me into bed.

MikaHaeli8 wrote:I was working at a football match today (just pulling pints) and I served a bloke and his friend. One of them asked if I wanted to come and live with them and then told me I looked like "a party animal". I played along and laughed it off, not thinking much of it. Later, the bloke and his friend came back and bought some more drinks and near the end of the transaction, he complimented me on something (I don't know what). He then followed it up with "You're looking fresh as a daisy despite not having slept well."

I was confused, creeped out and a little hurt. Like, I know my eyebags are prominent, but really? Sadly, I could not retort with "That's very judgmental coming from a dude attending a fucking football match in a fedora and tweed jacket". Which was what he was wearing.
That's kinda creepy.

Bacon wrote:http://batman-news.com/2014/11/29/prest ... ies-video/
“I’ve got kids who like superheroes and they think the Batman films are boring and pretentious. They like things like The Avengers and Iron Man because they’re fun. It’s a wrong move to take a superhero and give it psychological realism. There is no psychological realism. He’s a bodybuilder who jumps off buildings. I’m sorry I feel really strongly about this.”

"Every now and then the guy jumps off the building on a rope, and they watch it and go, ‘Woo!’ Then they lose interest. To me, that’s a real major lack of judgment in Nolan, to go for superhero films. I feel this very strongly.”
“What he’s trying to be is some kind of modern [Stanley] Kubrick. And I think he’d be better off being a modern [Alfred] Hitchcock, basically. A maker of well-made films like Memento and The Prestige. And these blockbusters are just embarrassing, I think. I haven’t seen the new one yet.”

The only Nolan movies he admits he likes are Memento and The Prestige, referring to all of the others as “shallow and badly written” and “embarrassing”.
Jeez... I mean, what? I don't even know how to respond to comments as dumb as this.

lol

I honestly don't know how to respond to that either

Bacon wrote:Apparently the Alabama Student Section was chanting "Lutzie is dead" a few mins ago...

I mean...I don't even how to respond to that. This is why I despise many Alabama fans. They have to tear other people down in order for them to feel good.

My father got Eagle Eye on Blu-Ray.
One of the reasons is because of Shia. Didn't ask him why.

darthnazgul wrote:
MikaHaeli8 wrote:fedora
Yep, there's your problem.

Havoc1st wrote:My father got Eagle Eye on Blu-Ray.
One of the reasons is because of Shia. Didn't ask him why.
I personally thought the movie overall and Shia himself were good

So ahem... this exists

:? :? :?