What Made You Go WTF?

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Havoc1st wrote:A nasty freak accident happened Dreamworld yesterday. The details... Fuck, so sad.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-26/g ... ur/7965068
Utterly soul destroying what happened, especially since I live about an hour away from Dreamworld, and I've been on that ride a couple of times.

so storaro shot iran's largest budget film ever last year

Yeah and it was also scored by A. R. Rahman.£

have you seen it the interwebs is giving me nothing

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:have you seen it the interwebs is giving me nothing
Honestly I couldn't summon any excitement to go check it out in theaters or in any other way for that matter, not even for the sake of Storaro. The thing is, if you so strongly oppose a certain set of ideas, it will be a bit difficult to sit through three hours of glamourisation of those ideas and the life of the person who has engineered them.£

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:so storaro shot iran's largest budget film ever last year
holy allahu akbar batman

I have 2 job interviews tomorrow. I'm grateful but I'm also stupidly stressed right now.

Just... how?

Story time:
So I'm currently in China and I speak no Chinese. And yesterday I was travelling from Zibo City to Langfang, a city near Beijing. So I take train from Zibo to Beijing in the morning by myself -that's easy, I've done it before. In Beijing, I meet a guide to get me to my accommodation. We take subway (which is really cool) and the plan is to put me on a bus to Langfang.

But instead I'm put into a taxi with 3 other ladies and off we go. I had a bad feeling about this taxi yo.

So this is where wtf comes in: We're driving on highway heading towards a huge toll gate. Just as we're about to enter the toll, taxi does a serious U-turn and heads down a little off ramp leading under the highway. Taxi goes into tunnel under highway and there is a cop; telling us to pull over. The driver has no choice because the cop's ninja cop friends start popping out of nowhere. Immediately we are ordered out of the car, me with my shitload of bags. And the 4 or 5 ninja cops drive off in the car with driver in backseat, leaving myself and 3 other ladies underneath the highway. :wtf:

Bless those ladies, they tried to help me, but walking along the highway catching another taxi was a bad idea for a foreigner with luggage. Luckily there was a gas station at the end of the tunnel so I squatted there and managed to asked the attendant to use his cell phone. Couldn't get through to the guide who put me in that taxi, so I called the company. I was planning to camp out at this gas station wherever the hell that was.

I think I was sitting there having a break down for like 30 minutes. Then a proper taxi pulled up asking for me. Thank the Lord. And that's how I got to Langfang.

Apparently shared taxis are not allowed yo.