What made you cringe today?

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Dodd wrote:
yikes
Dang that's just all kinds of terrible.

:facepalm:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... -1.3002184
His mother never told him of the relationship and passed away in the 1980s. She suffered from a mental illness, which Byrne believed was a result of being "utterly and totally" in love with her own father.

"I think he gave me that wonderful mixture of genes with his own daughter, the eldest of the family. That's what they do in Ireland," he told The Times. "I presume it's what they do in unlettered places and lettered places. It's traditional, and nobody speaks about it."
What made me cringe about this is how he tries to pass it off as normal and traditional. I think the dude might be going through some things. Yeah the way he came about was gross as fuck but at the same time, if it hadn't happened, he wouldn't exist. So maybe he's trying to normalize it in order to justify his own existence?

I can honestly see this being the case where the father groomed and conditioned his daughter to be okay with this type of shit.

no need to use tilda's name tbh.

Pratham wrote:no need to use tilda's name tbh.
Agreed. But at the same time I understand why they used her name. Her name gets clicks and clicks help pay the bills.

lol wth is that