NolanFans Diary Dawn of Collecting

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Crazy Eight wrote:
thegreypilgrim wrote:Just watched The Prestige again as part of my countdown marathon.

Couldn't help but see a certain parallel with Tesla (Nolan) as the once-beloved but now unwelcome wizard, driven out by Edison's men (bloodthirsty critics lacking imagination and appreciation for ambition).

Hopefully it'll end better for the wizard this time though. ;)
Nolan's the most famous working director short of Spielberg. A Tesla he is not.
Well I knew someone would critique that analogy. Just a passing thought I had while watching, not meant to add to the comically over-dramatic reaction to negative reviews.

Forum Pro
Law
Been eying this girl for months, she works at a local restaurant that I frequented some time ago. We talked, flirted, made fluent eye contact. Tonight I went back to the place after a little over 2 months and had a warm welcome. Same happened as above, granted I was a little shy to engage in full convo (Halloween party, very loud) but it was still nice the way she was looking at me. As I'm leaving I get her name, come home .. go to Facebook.....

SHE HAS A FUCKING BOYFRIEND

Law wrote:Been eying this girl for months, she works at a local restaurant that I frequented some time ago. We talked, flirted, made fluent eye contact. Tonight I went back to the place after a little over 2 months and had a warm welcome. Same happened as above, granted I was a little shy to engage in full convo (Halloween party, very loud) but it was still nice the way she was looking at me. As I'm leaving I get her name, come home .. go to Facebook.....

SHE HAS A FUCKING BOYFRIEND
sorry bro, you're a catch, you'll find someone else

anyway, same thing happened to be but it was in The Sims

A Tesla would be non-American innovator who moved to America where he began to both flourish and unravel. Was a bit of a kook then gets hero-worshipped beyond death.

Cilogy wrote: anyway, same thing happened to be but it was in The Sims
Get them pregnant anyway.

Fuck the end of October to the end of February. I hate the weather during those times. Always so fucking hot and humid. Winter FTW. I rather shiver than be sticky.

My creation. Behold... for it is the truth:

Crazy Eight wrote:My University just sent me an email reminding me not to rape someone tonight.

I love being constantly treated like a vile sex offender for simply having a penis.
Get familiar with Bill Burr if you aren't already. He has some great bits about how men are unfairly treated like slobbering perverts and women get away with way more shit.

always made me sad how much Zero Dark Thirty was probably dismissed because of politics or whatever

Cilogy wrote:always made me sad how much Zero Dark Thirty was probably dismissed because of politics or whatever
Great film.

thegreypilgrim wrote:
Cilogy wrote:always made me sad how much Zero Dark Thirty was probably dismissed because of politics or whatever
Great film.
Best film on 'War on Terror' so far? I truly think so.