Football Discussion Thread

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Master Virgo wrote:
August 19th, 2018, 1:34 pm
Master Virgo wrote:
December 31st, 2017, 10:06 am
Is it time to sack Mourinho yet?£
£
He just looks like he's being black mailed into staying on.

I can't even imagine how passive-aggressive everyone is in the Man U locker room these days.

Oh and meanwhile I'm considering tearing off my Arsenal bumper sticker

DREAMER wrote:
August 19th, 2018, 12:58 pm
:facepalm:
Brighton 3 Manchester United 2
Ridiculous.

There's a gradual disconnect between the United fanbase and the club at the moment. Granted,hasn't reached toxic levels of abuse but if their form continues then it'll eventually become a formality.
Must say though the fault doesn't solely fall at Mourinho's feet,even though I'm not a great fan of the guys dull reactive footballing philosophy. The club has been in disarray since Ferguson left.It is evidently clear now that there really isn't a plan in place.Its unsystematic,more so on the pitch.

Personally,though its incredibly early in the day,I feel this season already has the feeling of being a potential write-off,especially when you see the strength of the other top teams in the Premier League.City,Liverpool,Tottenham,Chelsea all look like confident,cohesive teams who quite clearly know their gameplans.

United,after throwing money around (400 million) in the past few seasons,look a million miles off the pace compared to their competitors for the top 4 spot,let alone being potential Champions.

Im super cynical about shit, so I feel like Liverpool is the only one with a chance to give Man City a run for their money, and even then City will probably finish like 30 points ahead or whatever.

Makes it boring more than anything if there's like no competition.

Fuck it I hope Arsenal and Utd have relegation scares. That'll give em a wake up call

I pray to God that City or Chelsea doesn't win again. Obviously the latter probably won't. If not United then Liverpool or even Tottenham please.

United are only 2 games in but this is pretty grim reading when you consider the opposition they've recently played.
I dont think their overall stats last season were particularly promising either.
Granted United finished a respectable 2nd last season but they were more clinical than anything.They certainly weren't consistently adventurous with their style of play.

so like

Man U is doing pretty horribly

Mourinho is fucked

I loved how he seems to blaming everyone but himself

I have no idea with what is going on at United.

The board gave Jose a 5 year contract a few months back and yet they dont back him financially in the summer transfer window.What is all that about ?
You're either with Jose or against.If the club didn't agree with his transfer targets then why previously give him a longterm contract which,going by the dreadful performances and results,the club may have to fork out over £20 million in compensation in cutting short Jose's time at the club.

It's a mess.

On the bright side, looks like I'm saving hundreds of dollars by not paying for Premier League access this year. Unless United start to win again soon.