NBA Discussion Thread

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
More dumb plays/decisions to end the game for the Warriors.

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:
May 24th, 2018, 11:53 pm
More dumb plays/decisions to end the game for the Warriors.
Exactly, and they were beat by the non stars, not Harden or Paul which makes it even more embarrassing. I swear, if both these ****ing series go to game 7, I’m going to start believing what that former NBA ref said that the NBA can’t survive if there aren’t game 7s in the playoffs and is kinda sorta rigged.

Maybe it will happen, but after Cleveland went down 2-0 my bro and I weren’t even phased and were saying yeah I’m sure Lebron will have some miracle comeback and win in 7 games. Please oh please let us be wrong lol.

3-6

PowerDump wrote:
May 28th, 2018, 11:28 pm
3-6
Who cares? It's about a team, not an individual player. He's still the best of all time.

He should have won 3 in Miami but the others he lost his team was simply outmatched.

Allstar wrote:
May 28th, 2018, 11:43 pm
PowerDump wrote:
May 28th, 2018, 11:28 pm
3-6
Who cares? It's about a team, not an individual player. He's still the best of all time.

He should have won 3 in Miami but the others he lost his team was simply outmatched.
Eh, I’ll personally go with MJ but how can we truly say who is better when they never played each other? It’s too bad we couldn’t have seen them both play in their prime against each other.

Truth is, I’ll probably appreciate LJ’s legacy more as time goes on, I used to hate Kobe when he was the face of the NBA for awhile but about a year ago I started watching more and more highlights and saw how above he was of a lot of players and I’ll probably do the same for LJ.

Just raw talent and skill set I don’t think there is anyone that has ever been like him. He needs to go to the Sixers and get another ring or two. He’s a perfect fit there, he will bring them over the top.

Allstar wrote:
May 29th, 2018, 12:15 am
Just raw talent and skill set I don’t think there is anyone that has ever been like him. He needs to go to the Sixers and get another ring or two. He’s a perfect fit there, he will bring them over the top.
The game is just so different though, you have way more players playing for analytics as they’ve gotten more advanced now and way too many people see only that and not intangibles. Is Lebron really good at everything? Absolutely. Do I think their are moments where he really tries to round out his stats to make them look better? Yes (and no I don’t mean every time, but he has in quite a few games). I don’t think MJ ever worried about getting extra stats because analytics weren’t everywhere (social media, websites) back then and he just played his role of being the best at scoring back then.

But hey, that’s just me and I don’t see why they can’t both be GOATS in the long run (I mean, they played the game a bit different).

JR Smith is such a dumb f***ing b****. First he almost pulls a Zaza because he is high as f***. Then he does that dumb rebound and run from the basket at the end instead of dishing it out or putting it up (I’m not entirely sure he didn’t know they were tied and thought they were ahead). Simply a piece of trash.

Great game for Bron tho.

PowerDump wrote:
May 31st, 2018, 11:36 pm
JR Smith is such a dumb f***ing b****. First he almost pulls a Zaza because he is high as f***. Then he does that dumb rebound and run from the basket at the end instead of dishing it out or putting it up (I’m not entirely sure he didn’t know they were tied and thought they were ahead). Simply a piece of trash.

Great game for Bron tho.
Officials ruined the game too. Horrible.

Allstar wrote:
May 31st, 2018, 11:47 pm
PowerDump wrote:
May 31st, 2018, 11:36 pm

Great game for Bron tho.
Officials ruined the game too. Horrible.
That seems to be there job, ruin everything. It’s funny hearing the announcers call it out as well.

But to be fair, if Warriors start clicking on all cylinders, I still think Cavs will take at least 1. The refs made sure Bron wasn’t swept last season in the first half of the 1 game they took so I’m sure there will be push back so that if it looks like it’s going that way this year; I’d bet it will happen again.

Refs have way too much influence in any sport out there.