Animal Cruelty

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
PETA is just one big conspiracy. Look up the truth.

Pratham wrote:
RIFA wrote: Vegetarianism is some 18th century invention. Medically, vegetarianism is not healthy at all. But keep on dreaming it is.

What?
What about Buddhists, Jains, and some Hindus like brahmins (some people in these religions/castes eat meat, buy majority is still vegan.)
they eat meat. some eat fish for example. they don't eat various types of meat that's something else. And yes, vegetarians existed before as in individuals. I was referring to "vegetarianism" as in the cult itself.

RIFA wrote:
Pratham wrote:
What?
What about Buddhists, Jains, and some Hindus like brahmins (some people in these religions/castes eat meat, buy majority is still vegan.)
they eat meat. some eat fish for example. they don't eat various types of meat that's something else. And yes, vegetarians existed before as in individuals. I was referring to "vegetarianism" as in the cult itself.
Oh... fads in western countries. So, what are your views on people who are vegans for centuries as part of their religion?
gib sigs

Pratham wrote:
RIFA wrote:
Oh... fads in western countries. So, what are your views on people who are vegans for centuries as part of their religion?
I don't think that's excusable as a reason. I mean, you still have nutritional issues with that. It's fighting against nature; we are biologically inclined to consume other animal organisms. People can do that if they choose, but it's definitely not optimal.

People of the Jain faith are not only non-meat eaters, but they also cannot eat things grown underground (potatoes, roots, etc.), and I believe they have some other food restrictions that would make it pretty difficult to live in modern times.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Pratham wrote:
RIFA wrote:
My view is simple. It's all bullshit and pretentious.

Vegans usually fight nature.

And... to be honest... let's go even deeper and think if being a vegan isn't hypocritical when complaining that animals are tortured.

Plants are not lifeless. Just because you can't see the micro-organisms means that you're so superior you can BURN them do death? How is torturing a micro-organism different? Yes. It's a difference in size, shape... but it's not a difference in the process or result.

I don't wanna go there because I'll pull a Vader...

RIFA wrote:
Pratham wrote: Oh... fads in western countries. So, what are your views on people who are vegans for centuries as part of their religion?

And... to be honest... let's go even deeper and think if being a vegan isn't hypocritical when complaining that animals are tortured.

Plants are not lifeless. Just because you can't see the micro-organisms means that you're so superior you can BURN them do death? How is torturing a micro-organism different? Yes. It's a difference in size, shape... but it's not a difference in the process or result.

Plants don't have a central nervous system/brain.

steveportee wrote:
RIFA wrote:

So that's the defining factor for what we should eat and shouldn't eat?
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Cilogy wrote:
steveportee wrote: Plants don't have a central nervous system/brain.
So that's the defining factor for what we should eat and shouldn't eat?
It's the defining factor for whether or not they can feel pain.

Cilogy, just out of curiosity, do you eat beef/pork?
I haven't, and have no desire either.
gib sigs

steveportee wrote:
RIFA wrote:

Single celled organisms have no central nervous system but not all plants and everything a vegan would eat is formed only out of single celled organisms.

Not to mention that they are still living... But to use another perspective...

How about ants or insects that you squash them under your feet in the summer or when they invade your desk? I want to see that vegan that never squashed a bug because it was annoying and he squashed it so badly the bug was still alive and crawling to his death...