Animal Cruelty

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
correct me if i'm wrong, but it's very hard for a deer to recover with broken limbs... but it's possible. That cop wasn't a professional to make such a decision, the right thing would have been to call whatever animal services/organizations that were available and let them pick up the animal or euthanize him instead. There are more humane ways to euthanize an injured animal than a shooting it. :roll:

I'm disgusted by the guys who recorded the video and just laughed about how this was better than hunting and the poor deer wiggling its tail like it was the funniest view they'd seen that day

Yeah, our dog had fractured his front legs few years back and we got them plastered for a month. He's all good since then.

I mean regardless of what the correct decision to be made with the animal is, yeah, the dude should have called animal services.

Pratham wrote:
January 20th, 2018, 2:53 pm
Yeah, our dog had fractured his front legs few years back and we got them plastered for a month. He's all good since then.
Caring for wildlife is harder, but ffs I've seen animals heal from WAY worse. There are really not many ethical excuses for anyone to do that. You work in the police force, your primary goal is to help and protect, yet you can't be bothered to drive around and call wildlife/animal services. The sad irony.

DHOPW42 wrote:
February 21st, 2021, 8:30 am

But getting rid of systematic extermination of domesticated animals such as cows, poultry, etc. requires the complete upheaval and revolution of the global food supply system, which is a great goal, but it requires much, much more than just the simple condemnation of the act.
Well, it starts there. With us, acknowledging the horror of what we are doing and stop being the consumers, so that the market starts to go away. If we fail to do it, we are just enablers. There is no sugar-coating that.

Pratham wrote:
February 21st, 2021, 10:21 am

Humans and dogs have evolved parallelly and and thus share a special bond that no other animals do, especially the animals that our ancestors kept as food.

But let's ignore all nuance, be like 4chan where nothing is pure or sacred, and false equivalencies aplenty.
Yeah, the so called bond, that was initiated when "our great ancestors" enslaved and tortured wild grey wolves to domesticate them for their benefits. What a precious beautiful relationship.

And I especially like the part where this "bond" is supposed to give these animals superiority over others. Like, what are you getting at with that, exactly? That's rhetorical btw, I know what your argument is.

You see, this is the thing about morality. We created the concept to protect ourselves and other things that we cared about. All that it ever needed to cover were groups of beings, that we were directly a part of.

It didn't come from a place of genuine compassion and it took quite a while for it to transform into this resemblance of the real thing that we have today. But the original idea's legacy remains within it, passed on to us from our predecessors.

Some cute hungry kitten in the streets that I can feed and feel good about myself? Some rare animal on documentries that I watch to be entertained? Please protect them if you can. Those still matter to me.

But sheeps? Oh no, fuck them. There is plenty of that to go around.

yeah i agree with you. i wish our ancestors didn't domesticate dogs, or any animals for that matter. there probably wouldn't be any civilizations, no scientific revolution, no internet, and no way to read your posts.

Wow, you actually said that horseshit with a straight face.

Thing about you faux-progressive bunch, you always show your ass eventually.

Master Virgo wrote:
February 22nd, 2021, 3:05 am
Wow, you actually said that horseshit with a straight face.

Thing about you faux-progressive bunch, you always show your ass eventually.
Aren't you the "progressive" who thinks incest is fun? You're such a hypocrite it is mind-boggling...

Tow consenting adult sleeping together where no one is being hurt, is unethical and we have the right to interfere in their lives, but we kill billions of living things who feel the joy of life every year, we take away their children, deprive them of any basic right, and subject them to short miserable lives and that's perfectly moral.

How much broken you must be as a human being to really believe that.

Master Virgo wrote:
February 21st, 2021, 3:39 pm
DHOPW42 wrote:
February 21st, 2021, 8:30 am

But getting rid of systematic extermination of domesticated animals such as cows, poultry, etc. requires the complete upheaval and revolution of the global food supply system, which is a great goal, but it requires much, much more than just the simple condemnation of the act.
Well, it starts there. With us, acknowledging the horror of what we are doing and stop being the consumers, so that the market starts to go away. If we fail to do it, we are just enablers. There is no sugar-coating that.
Yeah, although this was a little bit taken out of context, as I was reacting to your condemnation of people who had a problem with the Cruella trailer, but... once again, you are right, and I don't think sane people would disagree with the fact that the food industry is responsible for an infinite amount of suffering.