NolanFans collective diary of angry venting

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Disney+'s solo2001 wrote:
August 4th, 2019, 12:37 pm
the first hour of tron legacy is like great
The whole movie is great

I know I went on a rant about r/movies yesterday but I also have one about r/books.

They always have the same fucking topics all the time. Every week there are posts about Ready Player One, not having read a book since high school, how school KILLED their love of reading, how amazing The Alchemist is, how great Stephen King is, is it okay to read Young Adult books as an adult, people who buy more books than they can read (there's a japanese word for it. it's called tsundoku!!!!!! :D
kill me pls
)

It's just annoying. There are so many great books out there but they keep talking about the same ones or they keep talking about how their high school teachers killed their love of reading because they just wanted to teach critical thinking.

And I'll sound over dramatic but it kind of hurts when people just want to say "the curtains were fucking blue. it doesn't mean anything." I mean okay the author might not intend it to mean anything but the work overall has inherent meaning past what's on the surface.

We live in this age of constant video essays that analyze all kinds of media but from perusing reddit, you'd think that Renegade Cut or Lindsay Ellis shouldn't even bother.

Artemis wrote:
August 5th, 2019, 2:00 pm
how amazing The Alchemist is
I've legit read the exact opposite

and i agree with it. can't even read one page of self help :sick: books without saying 'this is bullshit' :sick:

Like with anything, there will be a multitude of opinions, but Alchemist being good is one that is repeated often.

I liked the book when I was 14. IDK if I would like it now. it's very im14andthisisdeep

LelekPL wrote:
August 4th, 2019, 2:07 pm
Disney+'s solo2001 wrote:
August 4th, 2019, 12:37 pm
the first hour of tron legacy is like great
The whole movie is great
No lies detected.

developing analog photos just got a whole lot more expensive ffs