NolanFans collective diary of angry venting

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Doesn't have as much of a following though. No one's moving over.

i kind of don't blame youtube for a lot of the issues tho

like, obviously they could be doing better at moderating and not taking stuff down for what seems like no good reason

but when you think about how many videos that get posted there i think it can be kind of hard to distinguish what is and isn't appropriate for the site

and i don't really mean to defend youtube necessarily, because they are doing a very poor job recently; BUT, i don't think they're acting like asshats on purpose

I think they are. Every new rule system they implement has no communication or notification behind it. They're posting it without any explanation (so they can get away with anything) and making each rule extremely vague at that in an attempt to keep the control in their own hands. That's how I see it.

but as far as i know, none of their policies have changed - they're just now starting to be enforced which is the issue

Or worse (which is what people are thinking): They've always been enforced and people are just now being notified. So users were getting robbed of money without being told why.

I can't stand it when pre credits or location titles are so damned small that you can't read them (even though it's not needed with locations, but still annoying) or when the letters a fucking huge, bold and white, fuck that shit

"So what nationality are you?"

"I'm American."

"No, I mean where are your parents from?"

"India."

"Oh really? Wow! Actually, I ...
A: know someone from India!"
B: have a doctor who is Indian! LOL!"
C: have heard of that country!"
D: recognize only your external ethnic appearance and mildly tolerate you!"

Oh that's great, because I'm considering getting a concealed carry permit just so I can shoot my self in the fucking face next time to spare the other person the tragedy of having to be in their presence! :twothumbsup:

Had I let ignorant people get to me, I would've been dead a long time ago.

Cilogy wrote:"So what nationality are you?"

"I'm American."

"No, I mean where are your parents from?"

"India."

"Oh really? Wow! Actually, I ...
A: know someone from India!"
B: have a doctor who is Indian! LOL!"
C: have heard of that country!"
D: recognize only your external ethnic appearance and mildly tolerate you!"

Oh that's great, because I'm considering getting a concealed carry permit just so I can shoot my self in the fucking face next time to spare the other person the tragedy of having to be in their presence! :twothumbsup:
I don't think anyone is intending any ill will by asking where someone is from unless they make an ass out of themselves by following up with a statement like B. My old boss is Pakistani and when asked where he was from, he never minded and actually loved to tell us about growing up there and the differences between here and there.

I'm sure it gets annoying though since you have no semblance of a foreign accent which is a bit confusing as to why someone would ask you where you are from lol.

Yeah I'm just being typically dramatic about this.

Like, my parents have always been really proud to talk about their background, and I think it's because they came to this country with the perspective that they're bringing something with them to add to the American experience.

Whereas when I get asked about it, I come from the perspective that I've been part of the experience since birth and I sort of small-mindedly think that people are questioning my legitimacy. Like someone is asking for my papers every time they see me.

But I guess that's what you get by living in Mormon country.