NolanFans collective diary of angry venting

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
You'd think Netflix would have spotlighted this more in their marketing.

Disney+'s solo2001 wrote:
June 11th, 2019, 2:21 pm
there will be a new martin scorsese movie on netflix tomorrow and i only found out about it cause i happened to be watching a random scorsese video on youtube. i feel let down on a systemic level

WHAT

smh netflix guess i know what im doing tomorrow

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comment ... vive_tron/

r/movies is so annoying. None of these bitches saw Tron Legacy in theaters but yeah Disney is going to revive a franchise that was not a profitable investment for them.

They also do shit like this with Bad Times at the El Royale. Bad Times had a fucking wide release and had diverse enough showtimes so that people could catch it after work or on weekends but r/movies is like "hey guys, this little movie called Bad Times at the El Royale is streaming now. How did I miss this in theaters? It's soooooo good." And they also wonder why studios don't make more original movies. They do. You just go watch whatever CrispRat is in.

Even when I was broke as a joke I still managed to see non blockbuster films in theaters. My college town had $5 movie tickets and I saw so much art house and indie movies. Even when I had no money I had my parents take me to see stuff at like 11-15. I saw Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy with my mom. I saw Contagion with my dad.

IDK what it is, a total reluctance to take a chance on original material (Tron isn't even technically original and it does have the spectacle people love to see in comic book movies except it actually looks better and is so much more pleasing to the eye) or marketing just flat out sucks these days.

TL;DR Stop telling companies to revive properties when you don't even support it with your money.

does that mean i get to be mad at disney for not making tron 3 cause i saw tron legacy in imax and it was just sooo fucking good. and olivia wilde as quora was just 🥰🥰🥰

Pratham wrote:
August 4th, 2019, 12:20 pm
does that mean i get to be mad at disney for not making tron 3 cause i saw tron legacy in imax and it was just sooo fucking good. and olivia wilde as quora was just 🥰🥰🥰
Yes

And man I really like Olivia Wilde. I'm glad she's taking a director route but her career could have been so much better.

Artemis wrote:
August 4th, 2019, 11:33 am
https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comment ... vive_tron/

r/movies is so annoying. None of these bitches saw Tron Legacy in theaters but yeah Disney is going to revive a franchise that was not a profitable investment for them.

They also do shit like this with Bad Times at the El Royale. Bad Times had a fucking wide release and had diverse enough showtimes so that people could catch it after work or on weekends but r/movies is like "hey guys, this little movie called Bad Times at the El Royale is streaming now. How did I miss this in theaters? It's soooooo good." And they also wonder why studios don't make more original movies. They do. You just go watch whatever CrispRat is in.

Even when I was broke as a joke I still managed to see non blockbuster films in theaters. My college town had $5 movie tickets and I saw so much art house and indie movies. Even when I had no money I had my parents take me to see stuff at like 11-15. I saw Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy with my mom. I saw Contagion with my dad.

IDK what it is, a total reluctance to take a chance on original material (Tron isn't even technically original and it does have the spectacle people love to see in comic book movies except it actually looks better and is so much more pleasing to the eye) or marketing just flat out sucks these days.

TL;DR Stop telling companies to revive properties when you don't even support it with your money.
as someone who owns Tron Legacy on 3D blu-ray and saw Bad Times, i agree lol. the same reddit crowd probably also doesn't realize most of these guys pirate movies instead of buying them, so they probably haven't even supported the movies in question at all.

-Vader

the first hour of tron legacy is like great

Pratham wrote:
August 4th, 2019, 12:20 pm
And Bridges is the ultimate zaddy

Disney+'s solo2001 wrote:
August 4th, 2019, 12:37 pm
the first hour of tron legacy is like great
The whole movie is great

I know I went on a rant about r/movies yesterday but I also have one about r/books.

They always have the same fucking topics all the time. Every week there are posts about Ready Player One, not having read a book since high school, how school KILLED their love of reading, how amazing The Alchemist is, how great Stephen King is, is it okay to read Young Adult books as an adult, people who buy more books than they can read (there's a japanese word for it. it's called tsundoku!!!!!! :D
kill me pls
)

It's just annoying. There are so many great books out there but they keep talking about the same ones or they keep talking about how their high school teachers killed their love of reading because they just wanted to teach critical thinking.

And I'll sound over dramatic but it kind of hurts when people just want to say "the curtains were fucking blue. it doesn't mean anything." I mean okay the author might not intend it to mean anything but the work overall has inherent meaning past what's on the surface.

We live in this age of constant video essays that analyze all kinds of media but from perusing reddit, you'd think that Renegade Cut or Lindsay Ellis shouldn't even bother.