A thread for Science

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
tykjen wrote:
RIFA wrote:
I did not came attacking anyone. Wtf are you talking about? :eh:

For example Henri Coanda, Samuel Langley, Alberto Dumont or Igor Sikorsky. Important figures to aviation.
Whenever you form an opinion it feels like an attack on something else. That is just my opinion though. But thanks for the addition of names as I have peeked more interest lately in aviation history. That video also lacked the wooden bird they found in ancient Egypt 8-)
And the astronaut in Peru.
now I'm attacking you. be ready.

RIFA wrote:
tykjen wrote:
Whenever you form an opinion it feels like an attack on something else. That is just my opinion though. But thanks for the addition of names as I have peeked more interest lately in aviation history. That video also lacked the wooden bird they found in ancient Egypt 8-)
And the astronaut in Peru.
now I'm attacking you. be ready.
True dat. I like to believe the Nazca could do balloon flight. Sounds more reasonable than ancient aliens anyway 8-) . Its a shame that history channel were the ones to ruin ancient aliens. First season is so great. Its like The Matrix. But then came the sequels, 2 and 3 and just put a huge crap on it. I can't take it serious any longer. Therefore I hope Ridley re-sparks my interest.

5th Grader Accidentally Makes Explosive in Class, Gets Co-Authorship on Subsequent Paper

Kenneth Boehr wasn’t expecting more than the usual from his ten-year-old students when he started a lesson on the Periodic table and handed out the molecule modeling kits. Then Clara Lazen handed him a model constructed from oxygen, nitrogen, and carbon atoms, and asked if she’d made a real chemical or not. Boehr found himself stumped. So he took a cellphone picture of the whole deal, and sent it to an old college buddy: Robert Zoellner, professor of chemistry at Humbolt State University.

Turns out, Clara had, in fact, put together an entirely new, but viable molecule. And on top of that, if it can be synthesized, it has the potential to store energy, opening up some pretty wide applications.

Zoellner ran the molecular makeup of the molecule through a few scientific article databases and did his own digging, and has “determined” that Clara’s molecule is totally unique. Tetrakis(nitratoxycarbon) methane, or tetranitratoxycarbon, “has the potential to store energy. The dense structure allows for stable energy storage meaning the molecule can be used to produce energy or as an explosive.” However, it would have to be synthesized first, a procedure beyond the equipment of Humbolt University’s chemistry program.

So, since Zoellner couldn’t make the substance himself, he did the next best scientifically valid thing: he wrote a paper (to be published in Computational and Theoretical Chemistry) on the molecule’s structure and content and his research into its possible uses, so that other scientists could continue his ideas. And, of course, he credited Clara as a co-author.

What does Clara think of all this? “Most 10- or 11-year-olds don’t get their names in a science paper,” she says, and, according to Zoellner, has a renewed interest in science, particularly biology and medicine. And if any money comes her way because of her discovery, she says she’ll be sure to share with Boehr and Zoellner, the teachers who took her scientific questions seriously.

http://www.themarysue.com/clara-lazen-new-molecule/

Could I say lol? 2012 and no color cameras? Blurry as hell? No stars in the background? And 25 seconds video? For a thing like this that's been speculated for decades? Just lol Never A Straight Answer :lol: You just fed the conspiracies ... :facepalm:

Japan has scanned the complete surface of the Moon with Kaguya in insane detail. NGC made a nice docu on it. Look it up.

tykjen wrote:Japan has scanned the complete surface of the Moon with Kaguya in insane detail. NGC made a nice docu on it. Look it up.
Then why does NASA act like this is the first image shown from the back side of the moon?

Lol. I looked it up. They simply said they scanned it. Not one image (not to mention footage) of the far side of the moon has been released though. So... basically... I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

RIFA wrote:
tykjen wrote:Japan has scanned the complete surface of the Moon with Kaguya in insane detail. NGC made a nice docu on it. Look it up.
Then why does NASA act like this is the first image shown from the back side of the moon?

Lol. I looked it up. They simply said they scanned it. Not one image (not to mention footage) of the far side of the moon has been released though. So... basically... I'm not sure what you're trying to say.
Uhm..look for the torrent "Direct from the Moon" then you will get a MUCH CLEARER PICTURE OF WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY! -Clearer?

Renowned physicist invents microscope that can peer at living brain cells

Ever since scientists began studying the brain, they’ve wanted to get a better look at what was going on. Researchers have poked and prodded and looked at dead cells under electron microscopes, but never before have they been able to get high resolution microscopic views of actual living brain cells as they function inside of a living animal. Now, thanks to work by physicist Stefan Hell and his colleagues at the Max Planck Institute in Germany, that dream is realized. In a paper published in Science, Hell and his team describe the workings of their marvelous discovery.

http://www.physorg.com/news/2012-02-ren ... brain.html

A telescope for Inner space 8-)

tykjen wrote:
RIFA wrote:

Uhm..look for the torrent "Direct from the Moon" then you will get a MUCH CLEARER PICTURE OF WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY! -Clearer?
I searched that. Saw that there is no actual footage of the moon. It's just a 3D mapping version of the moon by scanning the moon from the back side. No solid footage though. Plus I'm reading that the footage showed of the Apollo 11 landing site was also a mistake because the are filmed was not the landing site as described. (like lol) So I'm still not clear about what you're trying to say. :-D

I'm gonna go take a piss.