Religious Discussions

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
ChristNolan wrote:Legit question: is this a troll account
Maybe.
I mean what is this shit.
MyCocaine wrote:What is your problem? My Polish friend and I was having a civil exchange. I was simply kidding and he was smart enough to see it. Another random and unnecessary post from you.

Pratham wrote:Maybe.
I mean what is this shit.
MyCocaine wrote:What is your problem? My Polish friend and I was having a civil exchange. I was simply kidding and he was smart enough to see it. Another random and unnecessary post from you.
What seems to be the problem. He is Polish, I have Polish ancestry, and I consider him a friend.

What are you alluding to here?

Panapaok wrote:Image
Lol

Panapaok wrote:Image
Quotes like this one remind me how fake everything is on the internet. Every social media site is full of empty statements and popular quotes mindlessly shared around. And who wins out of all of this? Those that tweet it. And then there's the hundreds of thousands of losers that do nothing but retweet whatever one said without applying context simply because he said it.

And the irony here is that most of these statements and quotes are not even aimed to solve problems or give solutions. They're aimed to stir masses. To spark conflicts. It's never problem-solving. It's always something provocative.

It's kind of like that typical scenario where you have a pot-head listening to Bob Marley and then his dealer says something that's completely useless like "To be or not to be, that's the question" and then the pot-head replies with "Real talk, dude. Real talk."

reef, we gotta get a drink together sometime mah gypsy

Hopefully.

As an atheistic agnostic I'm happy to say that i don't know, and it's likely I'll never know, the secrets of the universe surrounding the possible existence of one or more higher entit(ies) that may or may not have something to do with our existence on this planet. I'm not really in agreement with atheists because there is no 100% certainty or proof of the non-existence of such higher entities either.

Batfan175 wrote:I'm not really in agreement with atheists because there is no 100% certainty or proof of the non-existence of such higher entities either.
Those are two separate things.
Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods. Older dictionaries define atheism as "a belief that there is no God."
The key word here is belief. No one, religious or not, has any certainty there is/isn't a god because we literally can't. This is something that will never change because "proof" in this sense is so abstract and beyond human comprehension. It is an unanswerable question.

so I've always had this theory that Christianty just kinda happened because Mary was kind of a ho and didn't want to admit she cheated on Joe with some other guy

discuss