Religious Discussions

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Peace wrote:Least they don't worry as much.

You don't need to be religious to have faith. The Bible and the religious institution that claims it are two different things.

there's a great quote about the meaning of "true religion" in the Bible.

celibate wrote:
Peace wrote:Least they don't worry as much.

You don't need to be religious to have faith. The Bible and the religious institution that claims it are two different things.

there's a great quote about the meaning of "true religion" in the Bible.
What does it say?

I don't practice Judaism but I am still a Jew and I enjoy being part of the Jewish community. I can imagine myself embracing Jehovah, if things turns south. I almost feel a obligation to my brothers and sisters to just accept my faith. But it's hard since I have been a atheist for many years. But living in these times of pure carnage and death sure makes you evaluate your life and decisions.

MyCocaine wrote:I don't practice Judaism but I am still a Jew and I enjoy being part of the Jewish community. I can imagine myself embracing Jehovah, if things turns south. I almost feel a obligation to my brothers and sisters to just accept my faith. But it's hard since I have been a atheist for many years. But living in these times of pure carnage and death sure makes you evaluate your life and decisions.
Legit question: is this a troll account

ChristNolan wrote:
MyCocaine wrote:I don't practice Judaism but I am still a Jew and I enjoy being part of the Jewish community. I can imagine myself embracing Jehovah, if things turns south. I almost feel a obligation to my brothers and sisters to just accept my faith. But it's hard since I have been a atheist for many years. But living in these times of pure carnage and death sure makes you evaluate your life and decisions.
Legit question: is this a troll account
Legit question: do you think he'd give you a legit answer if it was?

That was more of an open question for anyone's thoughts

ChristNolan wrote:That was more of an open question for anyone's thoughts
Ah. Fair enough. I certainly can't tell if he's just trolling or not.

he's too self aware to be a troll

ChristNolan wrote:Legit question: is this a troll account
Sorry to disappoint. I am just mentally unstable at times.

And I'm sorry I am not living up to your view of an stereotypical Jew. It must be quite a shock for you.

I may be bit cheap but aren't we all.

MyCocaine wrote: And I'm sorry I am not living up to your view of an stereotypical Jew.
I may be bit cheap but aren't we all. It must be quite a shock for you.