Religious Discussions

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
RIFA wrote:
dafox wrote:Trust me I've told them I don't want any part of it anymore and I refused to go a few times but they yell and cry all week long and threaten to bring the priest over to talk to me.. Lets just say I'm already planning on moving out although college tuition is killing me
Wow. Are they like devoted christians? Those people kinda scare me... they look at you always suspiciously. :| :?
yup :problem:
"When art imitates life"

I know this is wrong and will go against everything you believe in, but I think the best thing to do in a situation like that when it involves your parents is to pretend you're actually interested, and fake it up until college is done and paid for. I don't know your situation, if you live at home or not or if you go to an instate or out of state college, but faking it seems to me be the best option. Just a mere suggestion to take into consideration. Nothing more. Your parents will also more likely to be willing to respect your wishes when your much older and school isn't a problem anymore.

Brendan M. wrote: pretend you're actually interested, and fake it up until college is done and paid for.
This is also an option. Faking it always works. I mean... it won't damage you lol and it's not that hard of a thing to do.

Now I know. You fake it. If you think you're supposed to recognize somebody you, you just pretend. You bluff it to get a pat on the head from the doctors. You bluff it to seem less like a freak.

tykjen wrote: Now I know. You fake it. If you think you're supposed to recognize somebody you, you just pretend. You bluff it to get a pat on the head from the doctors. You bluff it to seem less like a freak.
Mementderp
Sigs???

tykjen wrote: Now I know. You fake it. If you think you're supposed to recognize somebody you, you just pretend. You bluff it to get a pat on the head from the doctors. You bluff it to seem less like a freak.
You bluff it in order to not deteriorate your relationship with your parents. Maybe the guy loves and respects his parents and doesn't want to trash their beliefs and confront them right now. Maybe he'll do it later in life, maybe not. How do you know what's best for him? I simply said it's a possibility that doesn't hurt anyone.

RIFA wrote:
You bluff it in order to not deteriorate your relationship with your parents. Maybe the guy loves and respects his parents and doesn't want to trash their beliefs and confront them right now. Maybe he'll do it later in life, maybe not. How do you know what's best for him? I simply said it's a possibility that doesn't hurt anyone.
I was not directly referring to anyone in particular. Thought people would know Memento here.

tykjen wrote:
RIFA wrote:
I was not directly referring to anyone in particular. Thought people would know Memento here.
Memento? What's that movie? Never heard of it.

tykjen wrote:
RIFA wrote:
Hey I made a reference to his reference.
Sigs???