Loading...
A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.

A few of US's wealthy has been "shaken into action"

Posts: 4528
Location: Insomnia, Norway
Some "Thomas Wayne's" are rising.
Posts: 9042
what a bunch of hippies
Posts: 6273
Location: Space Truckin'
The richer you are, the more taxes you should pay. What's wrong with that? :eh:
Posts: 7305
Location: London town, UK
The problem is how much taxes they should pay... here in the UK if you earn £100,000+ you get a special tax on it, and you pretty much lose the a third of that... which is a lot of money. If they earn more... why should they give more tax... they work just as much as the normal hard working everyday person. except those investment bankers... they need a massive kick up the arse.
Posts: 21435
Location: All-Hail Master Virgo, Censor of NolanFans
Z. Cobb wrote:The problem is how much taxes they should pay... here in the UK if you earn £100,000+ you get a special tax on it, and you pretty much lose the a third of that... which is a lot of money. If they earn more... why should they give more tax... they work just as much as the normal hard working everyday person. except those investment bankers... they need a massive kick up the arse.


Let me put it this way.... Do you know why Sweden or Norway have such a good infrastructure? Do you know why they never had major problems in these moments of economical crysis? Do you know why Sweden had the fastest economic growth in the world?

Because they tax A LOT. The richer people are the more they tax them. Did you know that in Sweden in 2010 86% of your PROFIT (people who make over 100 million euros/year) and over 48% of your PROFIT (people who make over 10 million euros/year) is taken away by the government?... Did you know that NOBODY COMPLAINS? You know why?

Because they think different. They don't need 300 Ferraris and 400 Bentleys to live good. They only need a good business and a healthy family. They also invest in state's infrastructure because of that 86% they give to the government.

There is no problem to give more money to the government if the government provides you with all the needs for your business to work and protects your family thanks to the good laws which are applied correctly. You could easily live good with 10 million dollars in your bank account...

There is a mentality spread in between the people of the north and north-center Europe... they don't need flashy stuff they need to be secure... they need protection in all areas: family and business wise. Therefore, they are not as greedy as you might think, therefore they actually INVEST in their country, therefore they are provided with all necessities and therefore they live comfortable enough to look at the americans or southern europeans or eastern europeans indifferently because they have all they need.

It's a matter of civilization and more important, it's a matter of the environment you live in. Most people live in environments where yachts, $100 million houses, 10 different luxury cars, expensive watches and personal hotels are dreams. There are some people though who don't dream that far not because it might not be something amazing to have all that but just because they DON'T see the IMPORTANCE or better put the BENEFIT of owning all that stuff. They don't consider an expensive car or an expensive house or an expensive watch an investment... :modesty:
Posts: 4528
Location: Insomnia, Norway
steveportee wrote:what a bunch of hippies


Millionaire hippies are the worst! They end up spreading love across America, financially! :lol:
Posts: 7305
Location: London town, UK
RIFA wrote:
Z. Cobb wrote:The problem is how much taxes they should pay... here in the UK if you earn £100,000+ you get a special tax on it, and you pretty much lose the a third of that... which is a lot of money. If they earn more... why should they give more tax... they work just as much as the normal hard working everyday person. except those investment bankers... they need a massive kick up the arse.


Let me put it this way.... Do you know why Sweden or Norway have such a good infrastructure? Do you know why they never had major problems in these moments of economical crysis? Do you know why Sweden had the fastest economic growth in the world?

Because they tax A LOT. The richer people are the more they tax them. Did you know that in Sweden in 2010 86% of your PROFIT (people who make over 100 million euros/year) and over 48% of your PROFIT (people who make over 10 million euros/year) is taken away by the government?... Did you know that NOBODY COMPLAINS? You know why?

Because they think different. They don't need 300 Ferraris and 400 Bentleys to live good. They only need a good business and a healthy family. They also invest in state's infrastructure because of that 86% they give to the government.

There is no problem to give more money to the government if the government provides you with all the needs for your business to work and protects your family thanks to the good laws which are applied correctly. You could easily live good with 10 million dollars in your bank account...

There is a mentality spread in between the people of the north and north-center Europe... they don't need flashy stuff they need to be secure... they need protection in all areas: family and business wise. Therefore, they are not as greedy as you might think, therefore they actually INVEST in their country, therefore they are provided with all necessities and therefore they live comfortable enough to look at the americans or southern europeans or eastern europeans indifferently because they have all they need.

It's a matter of civilization and more important, it's a matter of the environment you live in. Most people live in environments where yachts, $100 million houses, 10 different luxury cars, expensive watches and personal hotels are dreams. There are some people though who don't dream that far not because it might not be something amazing to have all that but just because they DON'T see the IMPORTANCE or better put the BENEFIT of owning all that stuff. They don't consider an expensive car or an expensive house or an expensive watch an investment... :modesty:


Yes totally. It is down to the mentality of the society of the said countries... that is why countries like Sweden, Norway Denmark and to some extent Germany have a general better quality of living standard. I just don't see anyone in the UK wanting to give more money to the government when its own members of parliament use that money for expensive dinners, hotels and housing extensions that so called luxury life style.
Posts: 5654
Location: Planting an idea in your mind.
RIFA wrote:
Z. Cobb wrote:The problem is how much taxes they should pay... here in the UK if you earn £100,000+ you get a special tax on it, and you pretty much lose the a third of that... which is a lot of money. If they earn more... why should they give more tax... they work just as much as the normal hard working everyday person. except those investment bankers... they need a massive kick up the arse.


Let me put it this way.... Do you know why Sweden or Norway have such a good infrastructure? Do you know why they never had major problems in these moments of economical crysis? Do you know why Sweden had the fastest economic growth in the world?

Because they tax A LOT. The richer people are the more they tax them. Did you know that in Sweden in 2010 86% of your PROFIT (people who make over 100 million euros/year) and over 48% of your PROFIT (people who make over 10 million euros/year) is taken away by the government?... Did you know that NOBODY COMPLAINS? You know why?

Because they think different. They don't need 300 Ferraris and 400 Bentleys to live good. They only need a good business and a healthy family. They also invest in state's infrastructure because of that 86% they give to the government.

There is no problem to give more money to the government if the government provides you with all the needs for your business to work and protects your family thanks to the good laws which are applied correctly. You could easily live good with 10 million dollars in your bank account...

There is a mentality spread in between the people of the north and north-center Europe... they don't need flashy stuff they need to be secure... they need protection in all areas: family and business wise. Therefore, they are not as greedy as you might think, therefore they actually INVEST in their country, therefore they are provided with all necessities and therefore they live comfortable enough to look at the americans or southern europeans or eastern europeans indifferently because they have all they need.

It's a matter of civilization and more important, it's a matter of the environment you live in. Most people live in environments where yachts, $100 million houses, 10 different luxury cars, expensive watches and personal hotels are dreams. There are some people though who don't dream that far not because it might not be something amazing to have all that but just because they DON'T see the IMPORTANCE or better put the BENEFIT of owning all that stuff. They don't consider an expensive car or an expensive house or an expensive watch an investment... :modesty:


The mentality in the US is that why should the government take away the money we worked so hard for? It's like they are punishing us for working hard and for being rich. If the US actually did do useful things with the taxpayer's money, then there would be no complaints. Since they don't, there is reason to complain.
Posts: 21435
Location: All-Hail Master Virgo, Censor of NolanFans
akv1984 wrote:The mentality in the US is that why should the government take away the money we worked so hard for?


Why do you need all that money you worked hard for? To buy some 20 million dollar yacht and let 1000 africans die of famine? To eat caviar while others eat literally shit to survive? Why not invest in your society? Or in world's environment ?

akv1984 wrote:If the US actually did do useful things with the taxpayer's money, then there would be no complaints. Since they don't, there is reason to complain.


That's another story. :D
Posts: 5654
Location: Planting an idea in your mind.
RIFA wrote:
akv1984 wrote:The mentality in the US is that why should the government take away the money we worked so hard for?


Why do you need all that money you worked hard for? To buy some 20 million dollar yacht and let 1000 africans die of famine? To eat caviar while others eat literally shit to survive? Why not invest in your society? Or in world's environment ?


This is just the mentality, but they want these things so that they can show the fruits of their labor. It's not that we need the money, it's that they simply want the money to show that their hard work did indeed payoff and they can enjoy their life. This isn't my opinion exactly, it's just the mentality. Besides, it's their money, let them do what they want to do with their money. Who are we to tell people what they can do with the money they earn?
Next page →
← Return to World Affairs & Philosophy
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests.