2012 Presidential Election

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Really early, but whatever, who are you gonna vote for (or rooting for, if you're underaged) and what party are you in?

NOLAN FOR PRESIDENT!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Anyway, I think Obama is gonna pay for Libya and Iraq.
gib sigs

If I would be american I would vote for Sheen...

Why not WINNING all? :lol:

No really.. votes don't count these days (imo).

bruce_angier wrote:NOLAN FOR PRESIDENT!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Anyway, I think Obama is gonna pay for Libya and Iraq.
Yeah, I don't think he'll be re-elected...but then again, somehow Bush was.

chee wrote:Yeah, I don't think he'll be re-elected...but then again, somehow Bush was.
Well, it's all politics. A big conglomerate in which people have no importance whatsoever. People who think they elect the president have some sort of serious belief in the goodness and righteousness of the system (not that it's a wrong thing but it's naive). Some might not agree with me but hey, it's a free world.

The president is elected in much part by the media; by that I mean people let themselves influenced by that popular person who seems to be interested in the good of human being, image which is promoted by the media... Obama is one of the best examples in recent history. Presidential elections today are a big popularity contests.

There is the other side of the coin in which two major candidates share almost the same amount of votes. Either way it doesn't matter because the elected president will apply to the general program he's been given. Therefore, paying too much attention to elections these days or even taking them seriously to me is not the solution.

I don't know why I have a feeling... things will politically change in the near future.

PS: Chee as much as I remember from the second campaign for Bush. Wasn't 90% of the media talking more about Bush than the other candidate(s)?... Even if it was bad talk it was still talk...Tell me if I'm wrong please. :D

I'm not really sure, that was back in 2004 and I don't remember it that much since I was about 12 years old.

I think I remember me rooting for Kerry, but that's mostly because I was a kid and was easily swayed on that by my teacher. :lol:

I'm leaning very heavily towards Ron Paul.

akv1984 wrote:I'm leaning very heavily towards Ron Paul.
Same, discussed it on facebook, but yeah, I'm voting for him. :P

I would go for a libertarian candidate, but Ron Paul is the closet thing to that and he has a good chance of winning.

chee wrote:
akv1984 wrote:I'm leaning very heavily towards Ron Paul.

I would go for a libertarian candidate, but Ron Paul is the closet thing to that and he has a good chance of winning.
He's been winning a lot of the straw polls, so hopefully he will be a candidate.

akv1984 wrote:
chee wrote:

He's been winning a lot of the straw polls, so hopefully he will be a candidate.
Yeah, and he better run too. :lol: