Do we really exist? Is the world we're living in real?

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Don't bother chee, he'll just repeat the question.

Just tell him he's an idiot, like I'm doing right now, it's more productive.

Hahah, I don't really mind it. I usually can't get into these kinds of debates in real life, since the religious people around me just put their fingers in their ears. Biology is so fascinating, and I like talking about it, its just too bad that the majority of the USA population doesn't feel the same way. :cry:

chee wrote:Hahah, I don't really mind it. I usually can't get into these kinds of debates in real life, since the religious people around me just put their fingers in their ears. Biology is so fascinating, and I like talking about it, its just too bad that the majority of the USA population doesn't feel the same way. :cry:
I'm just worried he might drive you crazy at some point : ). I mean the more he talks, the more I understand how not worth all of this is. It's just not going anywhere and... I mean it's like he ain't even reading what people tell him, I hate how selective some people's argumentation is. I too have been a witness/participant in a lot of similar quarrels and usually it doesn't matter whether it's politics or religion or science or esotericism, there's always this douche that repeats one and the same god damn thing the whole time.

If you tell a thinking person that he should question things, he'd know that there are things that need not be questioned and he'd know when an answer has been found (if a question was necessary in the first place at all).

Jackson, however, is like a robot who has been programmed to question without being able to recognize when a valid answer is proposed. He's just like C.L.U., who was programmed to 'build the perfect grid'. Go prove him otherwise.

Christ is this still going on?

I would like to believe that Jackson isn't circle jerking, just isn't understanding it correctly. A lot of people are misinformed about evolution, even when they aren't religious. I used to be an atheist who didn't "believe" in evolution because I thought it was flawed and was just a "theory." It wasn't until I picked up The Greatest Show on Earth that I understood evolution, and what it really is.

We don't know how the dinosaurs became extinct, but we do know they became extinct. It's the same way with evolution, we humans can never write down what happened every day within the last 6 billion years. We will probably never know how some species split up, when they got mutations, or when an animal died and never passed on its genes. But what they left behind, the fossil evidence and the evidence that lives inside of us now, is enough proof to know what went on in the past.

Jackson is thinking and discussing, which is a good thing. I just hope that he is reading and -hopefully- learning as well, and that my replies aren't going ignored. I'm not trying to prove him wrong or anything, I just hope that I answer his questions and that they are good enough for him.

That's very noble of you chee :)

But I have to agree with princeofgotham, he made up his mind before the discussion in my view.

At this point I think you're too soft on him. He doesn't talk like someone who really 'hears' what he's told. I can recognize either this attitude or the opposite from miles. However, like you I too hope some day he slaps himself on the forehead realizing how laughable his statements are, because otherwise it's just gonna be one more zombie on the streets. Until then, excuse me, but I wont bend down any more as I have done for the first 4-5 pages of this thread, IF he talks like an idiot and acts like an idiot then for me he IS an idiot. He can be a nice guy and all, good for him, but I don't care. There are limits and he crossed most of em and I'm telling him what I think he really deserves to hear. I'm sure some people would agree with me, but wouldn't really admit it, because it would be rude. I usually avoid being rude but, once again - excuse me, he hasn't given me much reason to restrain myself from it so far.

Posting Creationist videos? Yup, and now I'm officially done.

prince0gotham - you realize you're trollin' right? :lol: lmao @ calling "Jackson" an idiot... :lol: for what?...

Listen, I also don't understand the meaning of this thread... I also was against his other thread about some videos on youtube describing different symbolism as being evil and all that other sh*t but still, I didn't insult the guy like that. :lol: Your way of approaching people who want some explanations is pretty much ignorant. I mean "leave him alone chee and just call him idiot like I do" isn't a nice way to handle things. Maybe he doesn't know too much, maybe he believes in something else, maybe he sees things different, maybe he's not wrong about everything he says... IMO you people are too harsh... it's just the internet... people have different opinions... some are well founded and some not. If you think you're smarter than someone then don't call him an idiot but show him how things work. Try to speak his language in order to explain him something, and never ever think that your judgment is the right one and everything else is not true or correct. Jeez... :roll: