Do we really exist? Is the world we're living in real?

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
I always love hearing people's arguments against evolution. :mrgreen: They're usually... interesting.

With all due respect to one's opinions, of course. :geek:

let me ask something...

Let's say we are a product of someone's mind or the product of some high-tech computer... what would be the problem?... Would that mean we don't exist? :lol: We would exist but in that specific world (the world we know now)...

As long as I reason, speak or feel then I exist. No matter the world that I'm in. It's like in Tron.. Clu existed in the grid but not in the world we know...

The "do we really exist" question is naive and doesn't make sense... A better question would be "if we live inside someone's mind or we're part of a "grid"... could we get out of it?... "

The evolution theory has many contradicting evidence.
No, it doesn't. And again, evolution is not a theory, it's a fact. At least use the words correctly.
How would you define "FACT"?
As per the dictionary:

1. The quality of being actual.
2. Something that has actual existence.
3. A piece of information presented as having objective reality.

Oh dear. You revived the thread :T.

Crazy Eight wrote:
The evolution theory has many contradicting evidence.
No, it doesn't. And again, evolution is not a theory, it's a fact. At least use the words correctly.
How would you define "FACT"?
As per the dictionary:

1. The quality of being actual.
2. Something that has actual existence.
3. A piece of information presented as having objective reality.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_ ... y_and_fact

Some people will always argue that evolution is a theory Jackson, but that doesn't make it so. From your own source-

"Scientists most often use the word "fact" to describe an observation. But scientists can also use fact to mean something that has been tested or observed so many times that there is no longer a compelling reason to keep testing or looking for examples. The occurrence of evolution in this sense is fact. Scientists no longer question whether descent with modification occurred because the evidence is so strong" -The National Academy of Science (United States)

There are overwhelming amounts of evidence that supports evolution, and there's nothing that challenges it. Occasionally something will pop up that throws it into question, as should happen with anything in science, but every time when examined more carefully the fossil ends up fitting perfectly with the process of evolution. Then we have the Galapagos Islands where evolution is happening right in front of us; evolution is as much a fact as anything science can offer. If you want to believe some other unsupported idea then go ahead, not my problem.

There are overwhelming amounts of evidence that supports evolution, and there's nothing that challenges it

oh really?

- Lack of observation
- Instability of evidence
- Unreliable or inconsistent evidence
- Improbability
- Unexplained aspects of the natural world

etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Objections ... not_a_fact

Evolution is fact

- Lack of observation
- Instability of evidence
- Unreliable or inconsistent evidence
- Improbability
- Unexplained aspects of the natural world

Are you kidding me? Inconsistent evidence? Unexplained aspects of the natural world? Instability? What the hell does lack of observation even mean? Science is observation, and every scientist that isn't a religious nut accepts evolution! And how is it improbable? It's entirely probable! Just by looking at our bodies compared to apes bodies it's clear that we are descendants from a similar if not the same ancestral species. How is the anatomical and biological evidence of evolution improbable? Dude, this is a poor attempt at arguing against evolution. If you want to live in a fantasy land in which God and/or aliens put humans on this planet magically go ahead, but you're just embarrassing yourself with a response like this.

rbevanx wrote:Evolution is fact
Evolution is not a fact. You cannot scientifically prove something that you cannot observe.