Election Day

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
chee wrote:This is why we need a constitutional amendment that prohibits discrimination...oh wait...
I just do not understand why so many people are upset over gay marriage and now it will be illegal in Iowa :( I thought the US was making progess on gay marriage when Iowa legalize it but now it looks it will be illegal here just like in California.
Yea, I don't get it either. It does absolutely nothing to straight couples and that sanctity of marriage is just a bunch of bollocks. It really saddens me to see how we live in 2010 and the majority of Americans are still not supportive of equal rights for all.

chee wrote:
Jesus of Suburbia wrote: I just do not understand why so many people are upset over gay marriage and now it will be illegal in Iowa :( I thought the US was making progess on gay marriage when Iowa legalize it but now it looks it will be illegal here just like in California.
Yea, I don't get it either. It does absolutely nothing to straight couples and that sanctity of marriage is just a bunch of bollocks. It really saddens me to see how we live in 2010 and the majority of Americans are still not supportive of equal rights for all.
Agreed plus I am gay so it effects me personally. I wanted to get married and hopefully in the next ten years it is legal nationwide.

Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
chee wrote:Yea, I don't get it either. It does absolutely nothing to straight couples and that sanctity of marriage is just a bunch of bollocks. It really saddens me to see how we live in 2010 and the majority of Americans are still not supportive of equal rights for all.
Agreed plus I am gay so it effects me personally. I wanted to get married and hopefully in the next ten years it is legal nationwide.
Yea, I hope so too. I hope you have a wonderful and legal marriage in the future. ;)

chee wrote:
Jesus of Suburbia wrote: Agreed plus I am gay so it effects me personally. I wanted to get married and hopefully in the next ten years it is legal nationwide.
Yea, I hope so too. I hope you have a wonderful and legal marriage in the future. ;)
Thank you :D that means lot to me :D
I hope you have a wonderful marriage as well

Here in WI the three major (governor, US Senate, US House 8th distrct) ones were all Democrat and ALL lost to Republicans. Two of them are business owners and millionaires, and I can't find any info. on the governor. :think:

And according to my teachers this is bad for education.

I thought "Well, maybe this is good. Maybe it'll either get better or we'll realize this is not what we needed afterall." But at this point I'm not quite sure...

Yeah I didn't even vote. No point here in Texas. Republicans are going to win no matter what. With W and then Rick Perry I'm surprised Texas hasn't blown up or something.
Say Girl

Redsmile wrote:Yeah I didn't even vote. No point here in Texas. Republicans are going to win no matter what. With W and then Rick Perry I'm surprised Texas hasn't blown up or something.
Yea, I wouldn't vote if I lived anywhere in the Bible Belt. Most of those people there are nuts.

Well alot of people are awesome here. I would say 40% are awesome 60% are either crazy and or stupid. 40% may not be half but since soo many people live here you can find lots of alright people to surround yourself with. Most big cities in Texas are somewhat liberal as well. Which is kinda shocking. Austin is really liberal. Lubbock (where I live) is like one of the most conservative which sucks.
Say Girl

I rather join Santino's tea party :mrgreen: