Texas Church Massacre

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
If you hadn't heard it until now, there was a shooting that happened in Texas on Sunday killing 26 people. The youngest of the dead was apparently 5 years old. Something has to be done about this.

Bacon wrote:Something has to be done about this.
Nothing will, unfortunately.

Politicians claiming to be Christians while being in bed with the NRA and sending "prayers" to the families instead of taking action. Shameful.

damn rip

I'm curious. What do you think should be done? How do we stop this from happening?

DoubleD wrote:
I'm curious. What do you think should be done? How do we stop this from happening?
I’d say do more to prevent people with a history of domestic violence from buying guns.

Like, this sick fuck was convicted for breaking his infant stepson’s skull. It’s mind boggling that he wasn’t already in jail, much less able to buy a gun.

I mean 20 children were killed in a mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School when Obama was president in 2012 and nothing got done back then. 60 people died in Las Vegas this year and nothing gets done there either. Americans either do not care enough about other Americans to do something about this issue or they have not enough political power or influence to fight the corporate interests making money off of gun sales.

It's absolutely baffling that all those massacres just go up into peoples everyday lives. and they carry on just as easily to the next. No one seems to care enough to do something about it. I mean, it's an amendment, you can get rid of it.

DoubleD wrote:
How have other countries stopped it?

Not a rhetorical question, I'm genuinely curious. I don't know what it's like to live in a country where the right to have guns isn't actually valued more than the right to life itself.