Sexual Abuse in Hollywood

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
I agree. However, even though he is still drinking, he did admit that he has a problem and is wanting to change that, so I give him all the respect for that. If more women come forward, then I'll start to change my opinion of him.

BlairCo wrote:I agree. However, even though he is still drinking, he did admit that he has a problem and is wanting to change that, so I give him all the respect for that. If more women come forward, then I'll start to change my opinion of him.
Minor correction to the article as she was only 18 at the time. What a great guy.

He's a drunk and an unpleasant character. This decade and the last.

Your reaction to his misdeeds are disappointing.

This whole Affleck thing is upsetting me more than it should.

I admired the dude's work ethic and how he turned his career around. I was super excited to see his Batman in JL. And I did admire how open he was with his addiction.

Fast forward to today: he is still drinking, he never condemned his brother's terrible behavior, he is playing stupid with the whole Weinstein thing (he has dated and worked with women who work with the guy and were abused by him. Affleck fucking knew), his best friend Matt Damn tried to kill the story in 2004, and now this groping thing with Hilarie Burton.

I'm just really upset that he let his fans down like this and that he decided to play stupid. For 20+ years Weinstein was his mentor and he didn't try to stop Weinstein's shit and he never tried to out him.

I know the groping thing with like years ago, but what's worse is that there could be other women. With these types of scandals that include powerful men, there are always other women.

As a Batman fan and as an Affleck fan, I am really really upset and disappointed.

So to end my little rant, who is your Batman fancast? WB would be stupid to keep Affleck as Batman if this is the shit that he is involved in.

Armie Hammer is a great choice for Batman. I've been championing him for a while.
Last edited by LelekPL on October 11th, 2017, 1:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LelekPL wrote:Armie Hammer is a great choice for Batman. I've been championing him for a while.
I have it down to three for me.

Armie Hammer
Miles Fisher
Wes Bentley

I remember reading a report that Nolan recommended Wes for the role when they were casting BvS.

Weren't some people here defending Casey Affleck as well. :crazy:

I just hope filmmakers and actors I like aren't into stuff like this, my heart would literally break if my faves were doing shit like this

edit: I can totes see Bentley in a role like this

Wes Bentley would need to seriously beef up but I could see that as well.

Since I assume they want to go younger, I'd also say:
Alexander Skarsgaard, Michael Fassbender, Jake Gyllenhaal, Dan Stevens or Boyd Holbrook.

If they want to go older they could still include: Karl Urban, Hugh Jackman, Liev Schreiber, Idris Elba and... Christian Bale ;)

Yeah some people defended Casey because his case was settled out of court. So people assumed that he was shutting up some woman who made a false claim.

I like all those fancasts LelekPL!

Armie Hammer should play Batman.

Also, he's a great guy.

akv1984 wrote:Well...sexual assault runs in the Affleck family http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... d-TRL.html
So uh Armie Hammer for Batman anyone?
Affleck just apologized for this on Twitter. It was a decade ago and played off as a joke on a television show. Still not okay, but this is probably gonna get huge and disastrous headlines.