Sexual Abuse in Hollywood

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Numbers wrote:
March 2nd, 2019, 4:21 am
In this day and age, anything "clumsily expressed" is grounds for outrage.
Oh no, people have to actually think about what they're saying before they say it. The horror.

Artemis wrote:
March 2nd, 2019, 5:24 pm
Numbers wrote:
March 2nd, 2019, 4:21 am
In this day and age, anything "clumsily expressed" is grounds for outrage.
Oh no, people have to actually think about what they're saying before they say it.
Wait, I agree tho (especially if you're of the same pedigree as McKellen). I'm just saying people love to overreact.

So, are we ready to talk about Leaving Neverland?

The MJ thing has always been tricky to me, as there's been misinformation or contradiction on both sides.

Also tough to seperate it from the fact I'm such a huge fan of his music.

Need to watch this doc tho.

Cilogy wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 11:49 am
The MJ thing has always been tricky to me, as there's been misinformation or contradiction on both sides.

Also tough to seperate it from the fact I'm such a huge fan of his music.

Need to watch this doc tho.
Yeah, outside of this documentary, I'd normally lean in the sense of him being relatively innocent considering how many things fall apart on the misinformation of the accuser, but I don't know anymore.

Same. I haven’t yet seen the documentary, but whenever I try to look into this more, I end up being more and more confused. Dunno what to think really.

Part I was so chilling that I need some time to process everything before moving onto Part II. Yeah, it’s MJ, but one cannot deny some of the stuff that’s been unearthed in the docu. Like, factual, real, fucked up stuff. The ring story especially...

It’s currently 94% on rotten I think, watch it.

I've seen both parts. Part 2 is really tough to watch especially the last 30 minutes or so. The psychological effect it had on both men and their families and dealing with that is really tough. It's really convincing to me that he committed these acts after watching it.

bootsy wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 2:21 pm
I've seen both parts. Part 2 is really tough to watch especially the last 30 minutes or so. The psychological effect it had on both men and their families and dealing with that is really tough. It's really convincing to me that he committed these acts after watching it.
Then again this right here has me thinking:

https://twitter.com/santikapowski/statu ... 79042?s=19 :think:

If they got paid to be quiet and are only talking about their experiences now because they're no longer paid, it doesn't really change what Michael did. Sure it's bad to lie about all this stuff in court just because of money, but what Michael "allegedly" did is, let's be honest, MUCH much worse, and them "allegedly" taking hush money in the first place doesn't make it any less horrid.

If Michael's innocent, at that's a big if, then obviously these guys are in the wrong.