Sexual Abuse in Hollywood

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Stockholm Syndrome, the way I see it. Your idol is your monster, and you’re seven?! That can’t be good for anyone’s brain, let alone seven year old’s. I believe the truth is in the grey zone. Wasn’t MJ chemically castrated as a child so that he can keep his voice? That makes all of this even more fucked up.

m4st4 wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 10:19 pm
Stockholm Syndrome, the way I see it. Your idol is your monster, and you’re seven?! That can’t be good for anyone’s brain, let alone seven year old’s. I believe the truth is in the grey zone. Wasn’t MJ chemically castrated as a child so that he can keep his voice? That makes all of this even more fucked up.
I've heard people ask this so many times in the last few days. I don't think we'll ever know for sure. I keep going back and forth on how I feel. I believe the stories but then when I see where the motivation for this could have started for both accusers and some of the inconsistencies in both accuser's stories I start have some doubts. I still think MJ did something that wasn't quite right but I don't think we'll ever know fully what the truth is even though some have already made up their minds that this happened for sure.

It is hypocritical, though, that just because people love his music, they tend to disregard all alleged victims. I mean when Kevin Spacey got accused he got crucified publicly. I'm not saying it wasn't warranted but you don't see the same reaction to Michael.

Maybe it's because he's dead - then again, this was public when he was still alive. Or maybe it's because people are way too forgiving to people they like. I remember watching those singing shows and the judges saying "omg, you're such an amazing person. Your voice is beautiful." Well, one of those statements is true but the first one, you don't really know based on someone's voice :P I'm sure there were serial killers who could sing well.

LelekPL wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 3:39 am
It is hypocritical, though, that just because people love his music, they tend to disregard all alleged victims. I mean when Kevin Spacey got accused he got crucified publicly. I'm not saying it wasn't warranted but you don't see the same reaction to Michael.

Maybe it's because he's dead - then again, this was public when he was still alive. Or maybe it's because people are way too forgiving to people they like. I remember watching those singing shows and the judges saying "omg, you're such an amazing person. Your voice is beautiful." Well, one of those statements is true but the first one, you don't really know based on someone's voice :P I'm sure there were serial killers who could sing well.
This really isn't it at all. Most people that I've seen and heard that disregard the victims is because they've already denied that they were abused for years and years and have inconsistent stories and in Robson's case has some things that didn't go his way in life that some too convenient to come out with this now. Yeah I'm sure there are some that just say 'he made Thriller' and just dismiss it but most that I've seen and heard aren't thinking like that.

I'm not saying all people. But as you mentioned it's a fairly large amount.

R. Kelly is a great actor

bootsy wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 11:08 pm
m4st4 wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 10:19 pm
I've heard people ask this so many times in the last few days. I don't think we'll ever know for sure. I keep going back and forth on how I feel. I believe the stories but then when I see where the motivation for this could have started for both accusers and some of the inconsistencies in both accuser's stories I start have some doubts. I still think MJ did something that wasn't quite right but I don't think we'll ever know fully what the truth is even though some have already made up their minds that this happened for sure.
Well I just watched his Oprah interview and his voice never matured so I believe it honestly.

Anyone been keeping up with the Johnny Depp and Amber Heard thing?

It's a pretty wild story and it turns out Heard was the one abusing Depp all along.

Artemis wrote:
March 13th, 2019, 12:18 pm
Anyone been keeping up with the Johnny Depp and Amber Heard thing?

It's a pretty wild story and it turns out Heard was the one abusing Depp all along.
We really have to do something about toxic femininity.