Sexual Abuse in Hollywood

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
But that's not sexual harassment since it was something you wanted/accepted.

Cilogy wrote:
December 6th, 2018, 8:58 pm
But that's not sexual harassment since it was something you wanted/accepted.
The way she worded it seemed like it was random, so - unsolicited still?

Anyway. Unsolicited dick pics (or flashing irl) are fucking gross, thanks for coming to my ted talk

Master Virgo wrote:
December 5th, 2018, 4:20 pm
Because it's just not the same thing. Whitesplaining or mansplaining are when an ignorant person in a position of privilege believes him/herself to be qualified to explain to someone, with no such advantages at birth, how they should feel and think about their situation. Megyn Kelly or Piers Morgan for instance.

Doesn't matter if it is used in the wrong contexts often. I personally think if you are a male, you should always be open to listening, while discussing with a female about how they experience the world, instead of being confrontational and acting like you can definitely comprehend everything from the point of view of a woman.£
this is valid

that said, i have to be VERY careful on Twitter who I try to disagree with on Twitter, cuz it's happened more than once that I've contradicted or clarified a female blogger or critic and they start a full on flame war with me and accuse me of "mansplaining."

it's not good

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
December 7th, 2018, 3:27 am
\

this is valid

that said, i have to be VERY careful on Twitter who I try to disagree with on Twitter, cuz it's happened more than once that I've contradicted or clarified a female blogger or critic and they start a full on flame war with me and accuse me of "mansplaining."

it's not good

-Vader
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGisF2GgKHM&t=1m39s

Vader182 wrote:
December 7th, 2018, 3:27 am
Master Virgo wrote:
December 5th, 2018, 4:20 pm
Because it's just not the same thing. Whitesplaining or mansplaining are when an ignorant person in a position of privilege believes him/herself to be qualified to explain to someone, with no such advantages at birth, how they should feel and think about their situation. Megyn Kelly or Piers Morgan for instance.

Doesn't matter if it is used in the wrong contexts often. I personally think if you are a male, you should always be open to listening, while discussing with a female about how they experience the world, instead of being confrontational and acting like you can definitely comprehend everything from the point of view of a woman.£
this is valid

it's not good

-Vader
Yeah, that’s what I was trying to get at.

I'm glad I never really got into Twitter.

It's almost as toxic as Facebook now.

I've gotten into Twitter arguments before but now I just try really hard to restrain myself. Same with Facebook.

Media Matters - CBS is a cesspool of sexual violence and the network has repeatedly failed to keep its employees safe
CBS has a massive problem with workplace sexual misconduct. Ever since November 2017, when former anchor and network star Charlie Rose faced what would become more than two dozen accusations of sexual harassment and assault, multiple high-profile men have been accused of participating in or enabling decades of pervasive sexual misconduct at the network. The cascade of new allegations, coupled with the prominence of the #MeToo movement, has also shone new light on older accusations against the company and its leaders. Media Matters has compiled the reporting that has taken place in recent years detailing the rampant and unchecked sexual misconduct at CBS.

Cilogy wrote:
December 8th, 2018, 7:23 pm
I'm glad I never really got into Twitter.

It's almost as toxic as Facebook now.
Facebook is toxic? Idk, depends on you content filter. 🕷️

I'd say Twitter is way more toxic than Facebook because most people who argue there are strangers to eachother, and can more easily hide behind a nickname.