Sexual Abuse in Hollywood

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
What the fuck

nolannolanchrischris wrote:
August 19th, 2018, 9:55 pm
Asia Argento, the Italian actress who was one of the first to publicly accuse Harvey Weinstein of sexual assault, secretly paid off a young male actor accusing her sexual misconduct in the months after her revelations about the disgraced movie mogul.

According to a report in The New York Times, Argento paid former child actor Jimmy Bennett $380,000. Bennett claims that years earlier, a then 37-year-old Argento assaulted him in a California hotel only two months past his 17th birthday. The age of consent in California is 18.

The Times reports that is has seen the legal documents that layout Bennet's assault claims and the payments arranged between his lawyers and Argento's.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... ce=twitter

Pretty fucked up
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/19/us/a ... nnett.html
Trash.

Bullshit.£

Only supports the fact of how systematic this shit is.

It's not about gender or even sex.

It's about power.$

How long before it all goes back full circle to McGowan? Pedo ring seems to be holding tight though, after all these years. Hollywood game is just sickening beyond the curtain. 🕷

The question is, was it actually a situation where she has forced herself on him or was it consensual, but after she broke up with him then he wanted to retaliate somehow using the law of state as a leverage. Because if it's the latter then she's completely redeemed in my eyes.£

Master Virgo wrote:
August 20th, 2018, 10:18 am
The question is, was it actually a situation where she has forced herself on him or was it consensual, but after she broke up with him then he wanted to retaliate somehow using the law of state as a leverage. Because if it's the latter then she's completely redeemed in my eyes.£
However you put it, he was 17 at the time, she was 37. I don't care what happened between them but you gotta have a self restraint if you're a functioning thirty something adult. And let's not mix love as a concept into this.🕷

Master Virgo wrote:
August 20th, 2018, 10:18 am
i’m sorry my dude, but that’s a 17 year old kid. not to be that person, but if that was a 17 year old girl in this guys’ situation, against a 37 year old man, you probably wouldn’t have written this.

She was a maternal figure to him. They had a mother and son relationship.

This is fucked up on so many levels. This is an evil act and she should be punished.

I do consider 17, the right age for consent as is the case in the most corners of the civilised world. If I didn't, then I would have joined shaunner in his crusade against Call Me by Your Name.

Having said that, if she was manipulating him from childhood then that's indeed disgusting, but that's not something we can possibly know for sure.£