Sexual Abuse in Hollywood

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.

Funny enough it's kind of the of the best case scenario. It's clear the company itself is doing all it can (short of completely shutting down or ordering a hit on him lol) to distance themselves from Weinstein and make amends.

Like this way they can at least maintain some of their business. If there was even a hint that they were going to give him a pass or sweep it under the rug then no one would want to work them.

Well, no one important.

Cilogy wrote:Funny enough it's kind of the of the best case scenario. It's clear the company itself is doing all it can (short of completely shutting down or ordering a hit on him lol) to distance themselves from Weinstein and make amends.
by keeping his brother in same position? great distancing move.

but then again, rose mcgowan has blamed the entire board shrug

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime

It's hard not to feel just totally distressed, especially if you're a woman in the industry.

There's no recourse in the moment, until like 20 years later when enough people have been affected, and then it turns into a huge public debacle.

Like, being in the shoes of the victims, what's the point of reporting if it's just gonna get swept under rug by the likes of Damon and Affleck (allegedly)?

What's the point of anything?

Damon has denied it.£

Cilogy wrote:It's hard not to feel just totally distressed, especially if you're a woman in the industry.

There's no recourse in the moment, until like 20 years later when enough people have been affected, and then it turns into a huge public debacle.

Like, being in the shoes of the victims, what's the point of reporting if it's just gonna get swept under rug by the likes of Damon and Affleck (allegedly)?

What's the point of anything?
Yeah. I used to think people should just be brave (and they should), but at some point you just realize what a pointless battle this can be. People, women especially, are always encouraged to come out and not be afraid to share their stories of all kinds of abuse, but... what's the point of it, if like in most cases, shit is going to be swept under a rug and at best you'll be seen as an idiot, and at worst - have your whole life ruined, harassed and even threatened further by tons of people, slut shamed, blamed and embarrassed for the rest of your days while your abuser may go unpunished, and given how many people immediately go like "yea but what if shes lying??????" whenever there's a rape or harassment accusation, will always have people standing by and defending him. It doesn't even take a famous person to experience such pathetic ridicule and injustice, I imagine going against a celebrity is 1000x more horrifying.

I don't get Paltrow's story. She says Harvey has made advances towards her and then has threatened to fire her if she tells anyone or something, but up until now she was willing to bury this story because the guy had been lobbying hard for her undeserving Oscar. I mean what kind of a person takes a picture like this with a man who has harassed her in the past.

It's fine if you were somehow willing to forgive him, but why are you kicking him now that he's down? I'm sorry lady but you're a hypocrite.£