Sexual Abuse in Hollywood

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Yeah this is becoming more and more ridiculous. And potentially dangerous.

I was typing a super long post no one would have read but NF logged me out wtf I'm pissed.

@MV, besides if a woman was to disagree/reject a guy's advances, or in some instances, show that she's not interested at all, she'd most likely be interpreted as playing hard to get. So there are two posibilities then - the guy either writes her off as some kind of arrogant bitch who doesn't care about anoyone's feelings, or he presses her even harder.
Master Virgo wrote:
January 16th, 2018, 2:51 pm
Consent, is not making a move and then waiting for the other person to reject you. You shouldn't make a move until you are certain about the consent.
This is kinda weird though. How exactly can you know for sure that someone has given you their consent? How can you know if you can make a move if the other person hasn't yet made her move? Or, let's flip the roles, how could that other person know when to make a move too. I think a better way to put this would be not necessarily about not making a move, but look into how you're making moves lol.

Such behavior has been so normalized in our cultures that people immediately freak out when it's finally brought up to public attention, because the shift of the discussion feels very stark - yesterday we talked about rapists and went out for their blood (deservingly), and were seemingly on the same page about how wrong and fucked this was, yet today we're talking about a "date gone wrong" in basically the very same manner which sends a lot of people into denial because people on the perpetrating side silently recognize themselves, yet are taken aback how the treatment of different men doesn't seem to differ too much on the internet. Part of the problem is that not everyone who's asking for a discussion is actually willing to have one. Tons of people were asking for Ansari's head, a similar way we treated folks like Weinstein and Spacey, and from a guy's point of view, of course a reaction like that is jarring and even shocking - you don't recognize this as inherently wrong, so it's an "ordinary" thing that's happened to a lot of people, yet suddenly a seemingly decent artist and human being (or so we'd thought) is being dragged through the mud over this. Guys not being able to recognize how such behavior could be seen as wrong already speaks volumes about how necessary change and discourse are. But the twitter jury not being able to separate real actual monsters from "products" of ages old patriarchal societal conditioning just feeds into that. It's important to note that it's been rooted so much into a lot of our heads on a massive scale that it's not just terrible creepers who do that. Actual good people do that without any consideration not because they must be women hating redpill mouthbreathers, but because they've spent their lives being told that's normal. For a lot of men the way this exact situation is being handled feels like a personal attack, because it seems like there's no room to correct your mistakes and recover. And we know what people do when they feel like they're being attacked - they dismiss everything altogether. Nothing really changes and we're back to square one

Now I'm not saying women should baby poor guys to make sure they feel safe and unattacked and well, but I don't know, maybe, just maybe, retaining at least a little bit of that character ambiguity literally every person who's alive has and trying not to go to the very extremes when comparing/calling out something or someone, is key to being able to actually open the gates for change and education

Forum Pro
Law

The end of Allen's career incoming?

Nomis wrote:
January 17th, 2018, 6:05 pm
The end of Allen's career incoming?
Europe will greet him with open arms.

HLN anchor Ashleigh Banfield was one of the most prominent major television personalities to criticize a piece on Babe.net about an unpleasant sexual experience an anonymous photographer had with comedian Aziz Ansari.

During her show on Tuesday , the Headline News anchor read an email she said she received from Babe reporter Katie Way - who broke the Ansari story - after Banfield delivered a monologue on Monday critiquing the article, saying it endangered the #MeToo movement on sexual harassment and sexism.
Here's Way's email in full:

It's an unequivocal no from me. The way your colleague Ashleigh (?), someone I'm certain no one under the age of 45 has ever heard of, by the way, ripped into my source directly was one of the lowest, most despicable things I've ever seen in my entire life. Shame on her. Shame on HLN. Ashleigh could have "talked" to me. She could have "talked" to my editor or my publication. But instead, she targeted a 23-year-old woman in one of the most vulnerable moments of her life, someone she's never f------ met before, for a little attention. I hope the ratings were worth it! I hope the ~500 RTs on the single news write-up made that burgundy lipstick bad highlights second-wave feminist has-been feel really relevant for a little while. She DISGUSTS me, and I hope when she has more distance from the moment she has enough of a conscience left to feel remotely ashamed - doubt it, but still. Must be nice to piggyback off of the fact that another woman was brave enough to speak up and add another dimension to the societal conversation about sexual assault. Grace wouldn't know how that feels, because she struck out into this alone, because she's the bravest person I've ever met. I would NEVER go on your network. I would never even watch your network. No woman my age would ever watch your network. I will remember this for the rest of my career - I'm 22 and so far, not too shabby! And I will laugh the day you fold. If you could let Ashleigh know I said this, and that she is no-holds-barred the reason, it'd be a real treat for me.
Thanks,
Katie

That email was totally uncalled for and was so stupid. No need to attack her looks.

It's so fucking ironic that such a mighty and righteous feminist would mock another woman's makeup and hair

Not even mentioning that jab she tried to take at second wave feminism lol.