Mandalay Bay shooting (50 confirmed dead)

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.

This is the deadliest shooting in US history and people still want to act like we don't need more gun control.

gun stocks are up, which I somehow found more depressing

Cilogy wrote:gun stocks are up, which I somehow found more depressing
People are scared the government will take their guns. That's what happens every time.

Bacon wrote:This is the deadliest shooting in US history and people still want to act like we don't need more gun control.

Goddamnit, not this shit again...

And for the record, guncontrol will not work. Bad guys do not follow the law. Hand-wringing does nothing. The real issue that needs to be addressed in situations like this is mental illness. It is something that is always overlooked.

A lot of other developed countries have strict gun control and have way less gun violence than America. So gun control does seem to work there.

akv1984 wrote:A lot of other developed countries have strict gun control and have way less gun violence than America. So gun control does seem to work there.
Yeah I kind of used to think gun control wouldn't really work because bad guys will find ways yadda yadda yadda. And they will lol let's not pretend other countries are completely crime free. Gun control would help A LOT. On the other hand, gun culture seems to be so deeply rooted in America that I'm not sure what to think.

This is so awful. Can't imagine how vile and despicable you'd have to be to commit something like this.

Bacon wrote:This is the deadliest shooting in US history and people still want to act like we don't need more gun control.
:gonf: :gonf: :gonf:
This is the source of all the problems.
:lol:

akv1984 wrote:A lot of other developed countries have strict gun control and have way less gun violence than America. So gun control does seem to work there.
It's both the gun control and the gun culture in America that contributes to this. From an outside perspective, it truly looks like an epidemic in the US of just constant shootings. And yes, mental illness is another issue on top of the guns, but the ease of use and procurement of guns in the US leads to these.

This is a horrible event. Can't bare to watch the footage.